PDA

View Full Version : The Oil Gusher Nov.5 - Nov. 10

Pat Isaac
11-05-2007, 07:38 AM
Good morning everyone,

A bit nippy here this morning.....and we had the remnants of hurricane Noel on Saturday. Not much rain, but a lot of wind. Part of a tree came down in our driveway, just missing the house and wires.....:eek:
I had my first concert of the season yesterday. It went well and we had a good crowd.
Big studio day as we are going to paint one of the rooms to get it ready for use as a gallery for Open Studios..
So come in and share your joys, concerns...or just the day to day routine and lets get aquainted.

Have a great day:) :) :)

Pat

AngelaF
11-06-2007, 08:35 AM
Wow, Pat, I don't know how you do it all!!!!! Sorry to hear about the tree, but really glad it didn't do any damage. Do you have to hire someone to clean it up? Good luck with the Open Studios.

Welcome back Rain and Welcome Pandemonium (not sure I spelled that correctly without looking at it) I am looking forward to seeing your work and am glad you discovered oil pastels!

I am working hard on laying my floor now. Will have some help this weekend -- maybe next week it will be done???? At any rate I am moving along one step at a time. Too torn up here to do any art work. I started this to get more organized -- but I guess it is darkest before the dawn.

Been having some trouble with my internet provider, but hopefully it is resolved now.

Thinking of you all fondly, Angela

Pat Isaac
11-06-2007, 08:50 AM
Actually, my husband just dragged the tree out of the way. It was only 2 very large branches from it. We are having a friend with a chain saw come and cut it up and they will take it away to use in their wood stove.
It does sound like you are making progress and I admire you for doing a floor yourself. A big undertaking, but soon you can breathe a sigh of relief.
I had to have a new router put in for my server last week....

Take care.

Pat

LJW
11-06-2007, 09:44 AM
Pat, sorry to hear about your tree. Hope that the Open Studios goes well.

Angela, I'm glad you'll be getting some help with your floor. Hope things will move along more quickly for you. Jane

wabbitt
11-06-2007, 11:34 AM
Hi everyone. We're thinking of you too, Angela.

D'ya know those days where there isn't enough time in the day for everything you must do? I could have used an extra five hours last Thursday, and Friday was shaping up to be the same. So I took a vacation day on Friday and wow, what a difference in stress level. Then it was great to get an extra hour Sunday just when I needed it.

Why is it the older you get, it seems you have less time have for what you need to do? Nevermind the other stuff you WANT to do. I stopped wearing a watch about 15 years ago--oh I still have them, I love Swatches, and I use them when I travel--because I became a clock watcher. I asked myself why do I keep looking at my watch every couple minutes? It's not like I have a deadline. It just seemed a habit, though almost compulsive-obsessive, so I quit cold turkey. Time used to move slower then.

LJW
11-06-2007, 03:21 PM
Julie, I don't wear a watch anymore either. I find that time is definitely speeding up as I get older. Months just fly by, and the summer came and was gone so quickly this year. I just hope the winter will go by as quickly. Jane