PDA

View Full Version : old coot....

Terry G.
11-04-2007, 10:24 AM
hay all
thanks for the thoughts, wore out pretty much is the turm for it and on top of that I donít much energy to concentrate on reading msg or even moving awround.

still hurt like you know what and the docs says I will for a while, a buddy made mention that his mom was on oxygen after her surgery, my doc never even suggested it to me but I sure wish he had as I run outa breath quick and get light headed so no fishing for a while .

oh, I did try a beer the other day (ugh, tasted like he77, so I tried 2 - was the same).

I look like one of them "old geezers" sitting around with a blanket over them sleeping all the time, asked the doc is that normal - his reply was, your body says sleep so sleep!

so I sleep, pee, take pills, eat, sleep and start over again (every one says my color is looking "good", my question is - "what color did I look like before I had the operation?"
and donít say "pink"..

too shakie to hold a pen but with the wifes help, we'll finish and start printing the xmas cards (she likes to get them out early).

you guys take care out there...

MonicaB
11-04-2007, 11:01 AM
Hey Terry, good to hear from you. Listen to the doc and just sleep. You'll know you're getting better when the beer tastes good. We'll be sending good thoughts your way.

mudslinger
11-04-2007, 11:13 AM
glad to hear you're still kickin', even if a beer doesn't hit the spot right now...;)
you better save your strength...you're gonna have a lot of cards to open pretty soon!:D

Ranger Dan
11-04-2007, 01:01 PM
Well, Terry, think of all the money you'll save not drinking beer for a while. Maybe enough for a trip to Bass Pro Shop! Hang in there, my friend. Sounds like you're progressing slowly but surely.

sassybird
11-04-2007, 01:10 PM
It is good to hear from you, Terry. Take advantage of the sleep. It really does help in the healing. You will get back to fishing and drawing faster that way:) Take good care of yourself.

Sandy K
11-04-2007, 03:18 PM
Terry, I went thru a similar process 6 years ago............it takes awhile but when you get back strong, you feel great. Sleep heals the body. Doctor told me the same thing. I was on oxygen for a month or so.....I don't know if it helped much. All I know is when I got my strength back, I felt great.

Hope your recovery continues to be a success.

tvandeb
11-04-2007, 10:08 PM
Hey Terry good to hear from you again; do what the doc says. All that rest will heal; and before you know it; you'll be fishin... Take care.......:)

fleming13
11-04-2007, 10:44 PM
I know it's not pen and ink, cp, but here's a fish for ya:thumbsup: . Rest up and get better. I'm laid up now after sinus surgery so no fishing here either. Guess that explains all the work on the drawing this week. Listen to your doc, you'll get back to the "drawing board" quicker that way.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Nov-2007/115204-brown_cp_final.jpg

PVHooper
11-05-2007, 02:26 AM
Wish I had an excuse to sleep all day, wife won't let me for some reason. Hey if the beer doesn't work try a single malt. Really good to hear from you and there is nothing wrong with being an old coot, relax take it easy and recover cause the fishy stories have been quite thin around here of late.

valchina612
11-05-2007, 08:28 AM
It's great to hear from you Terry. Do as the Doc says, and sleep all you need to, as rest and sleep sure are good healing agents. The cards will start coming in soon, and that will be exciting for you. Take care.

Val. :wave:

Bergere
11-08-2007, 01:07 PM
Sorry to hear you have not been well. Hope you are back to painting and feeling better in no time!!