PDA

View Full Version : Recent sketches

seejay
11-04-2007, 05:49 AM
Hi everyone,

Slowly getting back into the swing of free 'me' time.

The first sketch was done at an artist mate's house on Saturday, the others down at the swamp recently. The 'four on a page' one was an exercise to draw the four directions from where I was sitting in the shelter shed, including the toilet door!

Cheers

mudslinger
11-04-2007, 07:21 AM
cool...this is something i don't do nearly enough of. i like the texture on the tree trunk.

valchina612
11-04-2007, 07:51 AM
Chris, you're good at doing these. I admire your sketchbook consistency. :clap: :thumbsup:

Val. :wave:

sassybird
11-04-2007, 01:16 PM
It is good to see you back, Chris. The sketches are inspiring as always. I can see two figures in the tree trunk. One with a tie on...lol

seejay
11-04-2007, 05:45 PM
Thanks everyone.

Mudslinger - always fun to do

Val - sometimes more consistent than others!;)

Charissa - glad to be back. I'm also glad that the figures seem to be wearing clothes.:D I'll have to have a closer look at that one.

Cheers

catluckey
11-04-2007, 06:40 PM
Sometimes sketches draw me in faster than some finished works. Yours have that quality, gives your mind's eye time to roam. Fabulous work.

seejay
11-05-2007, 07:52 PM
Sometimes sketches draw me in faster than some finished works. Yours have that quality, gives your mind's eye time to roam. Fabulous work.

Cathy, thanks for your kind words. I know what you mean about sketches, I get just as much enjoyment looking at sketches as I do looking at other work.

Cheers

Jakeally
11-06-2007, 03:13 PM
Your sketches are always full of charm ... so free and alive. I wish I was as diciplined as you ... I need to sit down and make myself sketch.
Lovely work.

KOP
11-06-2007, 04:13 PM
I can see that you are a good artist:) , however, and I don't know if this is your personal style or whatever, but there are parts of those that seem a bit, I don't know, rushed? But other than that, yeah!

Listen, these thes are okay!:clap: Keep making art, and have fun!

seejay
11-06-2007, 10:49 PM
Your sketches are always full of charm ... so free and alive. I wish I was as diciplined as you ... I need to sit down and make myself sketch.
Lovely work.

Hi Chris. Thanks for dropping by.

Only one thing to add, go do some sketching!;)

Cheers

seejay
11-06-2007, 10:58 PM
I can see that you are a good artist:) , however, and I don't know if this is your personal style or whatever, but there are parts of those that seem a bit, I don't know, rushed? But other than that, yeah!

Listen, these thes are okay!:clap: Keep making art, and have fun!

Thanks Kop. I agree these are rushed, but that's just the way it happens - bugs are biting, the sun's burning - all part of the fun. What I DO need to do is balance this quick sketchy stuff with longer studies - I haven't had the time, but that isn't a valid excuse at the moment. Oh for a bit of discipline.

Cheers

Studio-1-F
11-07-2007, 10:25 AM
Thanks Kop. I agree these are rushed, but that's just the way it happens - bugs are biting, the sun's burning - all part of the fun. What I DO need to do is balance this quick sketchy stuff with longer studies - I haven't had the time, but that isn't a valid excuse at the moment. Oh for a bit of discipline. Cheers

That is indeed part of the fun! I really do enjoy looking at quick sketches! Yours have such a liveliness and a verve and a dancing way to them -- it's delightful to see. The so called "longer studies" can get (and this is my opinion only!) mind-numbing. I deeply admire the skill required for those large stipple drawings. Astounding hand/pen control and awe-inspiring patience! A tour de force in a million dots. But to my eye they can sometimes lack life. These sketches of yours, on the other hand, do not. Because they are "rushed", they breathe!

Thanks for sharing them and -- please! -- keep them coming.

Jan

Bluegill
11-07-2007, 11:23 AM
I, too, especially like the tree trunk. It appears that if I look at it too hard, my gaze will flake bits of the bark off.

seejay
11-07-2007, 08:34 PM
Thanks Jan. Glad to meet another quick sketch fan.

And thanks to you as well Bluegill. I love those paperbark trees.

Cheers

tazzers2007
11-07-2007, 10:17 PM
Very Nice !

seejay
11-08-2007, 01:12 AM
Very Nice !

Thanks tazzers.