GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: father holding baby
Year Created: 2007
Medium: Watercolor
Surface: Watercolor Paper
Dimension: 23 x 29 cm
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Hello everybody,<br>I would like to have your c&c regarding this one.<br>I'm happy with the textures in the hair, the dress.<br>But I'm unhappy with the face of the baby. I want it soft, but find it too nondescript at the moment. Also, I think the forehead is a bit funny.<br>I don't mind the dark parts in the fathers hair, but maybe it does need softening?<br>Thanks for your comments!<br>

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Questions to the panel: what needs to be changed?<br>

vonapelo
11-02-2007, 10:09 PM
the fathers hair needs to be defined a bit more. i like how you painted the backround color and the father's top the same color -- it blends very well. the father's top could have been more blue - with less white areas, but it looks fine the way it is now. I like the painting - great job!

lunchbox
11-03-2007, 04:11 PM
The baby has a soft look about the eyes, which is lovely. You may want to work on the baby’s hand. Children have a lot of padding around their bone structure. I think adding curves here may help achieve the softer look you would like to achieve.

barbaramarion
11-03-2007, 07:18 PM
Thanks vonapelo and lunchbox for your c&c. will put the painting aside for a couple of weeks and then check again how I can change it. Because the background and the clothes are very textured, I wanted to keep the baby face non textured and very light, to compensate for the other lively things going on.
I wish both of you happy painting!
lunchbox, spode china is very beautiful !
regards, barbara