GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: The Reckoning Branch
Year Created: 2007
Medium: Oil
Surface: Wood
Dimension: 24 x 17
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
I would love to hear an constructive criticism.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
One part of me loves this painting but thinks it could have come out better and another part of me doesn't really like it at all. hahaha<br>help! :)

La_
11-02-2007, 10:44 AM
Hi LiliesandEther,

I reckon it's kinda cool ... : )

that's her in the birds mouth eh ...

i only have a couple thoughts ... ... the evil blue eye shapes in the clouds could go away (it's ominous enough without them) and i wouldn't mind seeing more of the branch, perhaps angling it into the pic a bit more ... oh and what if the bird was looking at her?

anyway, i like it - calm creepy, good stuff

la

LiliesandEther
11-02-2007, 10:57 AM
Oh thank you! :) I agree about the branch. at first I just had the branch in there without the rest of the tree and then I thought that was silly because it looked like the branch was floating in mid air! haha so i added the trunk but it is hard to see.

vonapelo
11-02-2007, 10:20 PM
i like the blue 'eyes' you've added in the backround and i agree about the branch. but it looks great as it is

creodont
11-02-2007, 10:55 PM
Edgar Allen poe meets Ambroce Pierce, Nice job, kinda psycological and symbolic . Is there a story behind this to go with the nice painting.........JJohn

LiliesandEther
11-02-2007, 11:15 PM
Oh, how I love Poe :) Thank you! The 'blue eyes' weren't intentional....so when I read the first critique I was a little confused as to what he was talking about and I just looked again....I see them! How strange...but in a good way. ;)
So, there really isn't a story for this painting, but more like how I see myself as a child if i could go back and visit that little girl....