PDA

View Full Version : untitled

noneuclidean
10-28-2007, 01:01 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/10-28-2007/106228_My_Sanctuary.JPG

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: untitled
Year Created: 2007
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 9" x 14"
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
I think I should probably go back and add some definition to the grass and maybe the water.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
anything is fine

tony1
10-29-2007, 07:14 AM
Some more definition might be good, but I like the feel of this as is. Nice light in the backbround, and a strange feel to it.

Good one.

lunchbox
10-29-2007, 02:49 PM
Putting this in gray mode shows that you might consider enhancing the lights and darks to put more depth into your piece. You have a great start.

La_
10-29-2007, 03:10 PM
i wouldn't necessarily work the grass more, but it's hard to tell the water from the grass, maybe more twinkle on the water, making sure it stays really flat if you want to keep the soft peaceful feel ... it's quite misty and soft like a very early morning

la

John Jaster
10-29-2007, 04:45 PM
It's nice. I agree it could use more definition.

The two main trees feel unnatural due to their precise placement framing the water and near identical size.

toraman
10-29-2007, 06:13 PM
noneuclidean, I like your style, and you are sure improving yourself by each painting. This painting is beautiful but not perfect for me. But ı am sure you are on the right way and will become a great painter.

noneuclidean
11-09-2007, 08:53 PM
Thanks so much for critiquing this everyone. I am so glad that a site like this exists. I've learned so much. People are so willing to help on here. It really means a lot to me that someone has seen an improvement in my work other than someone I personally know and could have a bias because of that.

Corby
11-10-2007, 02:23 PM
I like the atmosphere. A bit spooky. There is not enough detail to make identifications. I did not realize at first that what I thought was a road was in fact water. I saw this ghostly wagon and team (as in Dracula) hurling itself into view around that corner! So perhaps some further identifying information would cinch the tale! Nice atmospheric piece!