PDA

View Full Version : Woo hoo! We've got our new OP Forum!

AnnieA
10-27-2007, 12:19 AM
We've arrived!

Thanks, Pat and Jane, for your efforts in establishing our new separate forum, for your tireless advocacy of OPs as a medium, and for all your wonderful feedback and support for us OP artists! :clap::clap::clap:

A toast to Pat and Jane and our new forum!
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Mar-2007/85002-champagne_toast.gif

laika
10-27-2007, 12:35 AM
i thought we already had an OP forum?

AnnieA
10-27-2007, 01:07 AM
Lamar: Now this is a separate and independent forum. It will have it's own listing under "Explore Media" in the forum listing, rather than being a sub-forum of pastels. It should lead to more visibility both for OP artists to find us, and for people to come in and see what OP artists are up to. :)

Pat Isaac
10-27-2007, 09:13 AM
That's right, Annie and thanks for the toast.
Looking forward to exciting things here.

Pat

LJW
10-27-2007, 09:31 AM
Thanks for the toast, Annie. Lamar, we will have our very own Weekly Sketch Thread and our own Monthly challenge as well, which up until now we shared with the Soft Pastel forum. We feel that this separation will encourage more OP members to join in, both in posting sketches and paintings, and in commenting on them. Hope to see you there. Jane

paintfool
10-27-2007, 10:30 AM
Thank you Pat and Jane for taking on this new forum. I think that it's going to be a great place to be. :)

Cheryl

AngelaF
10-27-2007, 10:40 AM
Thanks for all of your hard work Pat and Jane. I look forward to the new forum being a great success. Angela

NothingButPencils
10-27-2007, 11:14 AM
Even though I've only been lurking lately, this is very exciting. Congrats to all!
-RB

AnnieA
10-27-2007, 12:53 PM
Cheryl: Would it be possible to post something about the new forum under "Latest Site News/Announcements" on the WC Home Page? And I just noticed that it looks like the OP Society forum needs to be moved here too - it's still in the Pastel Forum. Thanks very much for your efforts to get our new forum off to a great start, Cheryl! :) :clap:

LJW
10-27-2007, 01:13 PM
Annie, the OP Society Forum will be dealt with separately - plans are underway for it's eventual location. Jane

laika
10-27-2007, 02:16 PM
Now this is a separate and independent forum. It will have it's own listing under "Explore Media" in the forum listing, rather than being a sub-forum of pastels... :)

Ok, i see now - we're not meeting in someone else's basement anymore :).

i join the toast!

ElleZee
10-27-2007, 06:52 PM
HOW EXCITING!!!! I was looking for the OP Library in the old spot and was becoming quite frustrated....and then I went into the OP forum and low and behold I learn this great news!!!! Congratulations and a HUGE round of applause for Pat and Jane!!!!! Thank you ladies for your tireless efforts in promoting, educating and encouraging the use of oil pastels. BRAVO!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Paulafv
10-27-2007, 09:15 PM
Congratulations. Way to go, literally...
Notice Blick sold out on its Holbeins in a wooden box at $100, so there is interest somewhere, possibly inspired here.
Onward and upward, as they said somewhere. Funny how historical sayings stick in your mind, but it could also be from a comedy show.

Good news.

fishfan
10-27-2007, 09:34 PM
I finally crawled back to WC only to find this great news. Thanks, Pat and Jane. I agree this should provide a well-deserved boost to the visibility of OP. I think I should have some time for artwork in the next few weeks, so I'll promise to post something before my next adventure overseas (shhhhush, it's a secret, but I'll let you know when it's finalized). Cheers, Ed

Kathryn Wilson
10-27-2007, 09:51 PM
I came over to visit your new home! Looking good girls!

LJW
10-27-2007, 10:39 PM
Glad to see everyone is finding our new location. Welcome back, Ed - we'll be looking for some new paintings. Jane

paintfool
10-28-2007, 09:01 AM
Cheryl: Would it be possible to post something about the new forum under "Latest Site News/Announcements" on the WC Home Page? Thanks very much for your efforts to get our new forum off to a great start, Cheryl! :) :clap:

You're welcome Annie and that's a wonderful idea. :) I'll see what i can do about that.

Cheryl

Chloe_1
10-28-2007, 09:47 AM
Congratulations!
Thank you for all your hard work Pat and Jane;-)))

AnnieA
10-28-2007, 01:51 PM
Thanks Cheryl! A little feature article on OPs would also be nice, to introduce other WCers to the medium along with the new forum. :) (Ok, maybe I'm pushing it. :lol:)

BeckyMc
10-28-2007, 01:55 PM
I hate to complain (ROFL), but this forum is difficult to find, now. Could they add it to the dropdown menu in the Header and the sidebar menu off the main page. Right now the sidebar menu is sort of working, but not quite.... Of course, since I'm a computer programmer by day and the OPS webmaster - I expect instant service. I guess I could volunteer to help - but then they'd need to give me security to their website... :evil:

I had volunteered to host the Pastel Challenge for November - am I doing that here or there? I guess someone will let me know before November....

Congratulations to everyone, for all of their hard work!

Pat Isaac
10-28-2007, 02:29 PM
They are having problems with the drop down channel menus and hope to have it fixed soon.

We will be starting another challnge in this forum, so I would assume that you stay where you are for now, Becky. As you say, Kat or someone will let you know.

Pat

LJW
10-28-2007, 03:09 PM
Becky, the Pastel Strokes challenge will no longer be a shared activity. We will have our own Oil Pastel Monthly Challenge here, while the Soft Pastel forum will continue the Pastel Strokes. Contact Kat about Nov. because I think they were thinking of holding off until after Christmas. Jane

Stephen Foehringer
10-28-2007, 04:30 PM
very excited i just got some oil pastels and hope i will to be sharing this forum with all of you quite soon. i first need to use them a little to get the feel for them. whole new things to work on.

LJW
10-28-2007, 04:32 PM
Glad to see you here, Stephen. Look forward to seeing your paintings. What kind of OPs did you buy? Jane

Pat Isaac
10-28-2007, 04:44 PM
That's wonderful, Stephen. Looking forward to your posts.

Pat

Yusuke
10-28-2007, 07:45 PM
I have just logged in after my one-week absence and I found this great news. :eek: :eek: :D

Congratulations and thank you for the effort, Pat and Jane!:clap:
Thanks also for this "woo hoo" thread, Annie. :)

Very very happy to participate in this new oil pastel forum. :)

starblue
10-29-2007, 01:00 AM
I want to repeat what Becky mentioned. When I log in to WC! I get directed to the "lists of forums" webpage and can get to the new OP forum. But from the WC! home page, the link the the OP forum in the left sidebar leads to a dead end. Since nonmembers will be navigating using the latter, that's not going to give a positive impression of the OP forum or encourage them to sign up with WC! Any admins reading this please take note.

paintfool
10-29-2007, 08:10 AM
I want to repeat what Becky mentioned. When I log in to WC! I get directed to the "lists of forums" webpage and can get to the new OP forum. But from the WC! home page, the link the the OP forum in the left sidebar leads to a dead end. Since nonmembers will be navigating using the latter, that's not going to give a positive impression of the OP forum or encourage them to sign up with WC! Any admins reading this please take note.

I will look into this Bob. Thanks.

paintfool
10-29-2007, 08:23 AM
Well, that was an easy fix. :) Since i had two forums with the same name, i'd mapped the old one to here rather than the new. Sorry for the inconvenience.

The home page listing now works properly.

LJW
10-29-2007, 09:42 AM
Cheryl, thanks for looking into that. This is a complicated website. I'm always amazed that it works as well as it does. (Eons ago I was a Fortran programmer). Jane

LJW
10-29-2007, 09:54 AM
Becky, I've sent you a PM about the Monthly Challenge hosting. So sorry for the confusion about this. Jane

starblue
10-29-2007, 02:43 PM
To the admins: One can now get to the OP forum from the WC! home page using the left-side navigation--thanks! But, it doesn't show any guides and moderators for our group. I'm not sure what else is supposed to be in that section but you'll want to check it out.

Pat Isaac
10-29-2007, 03:13 PM
Thanks, Cheryl for fixing that and I hope you see the new message from Bob. I'll check it out.

Pat

Stephen Foehringer
10-29-2007, 09:42 PM
sinnelier oil pastels i just sold some paintings so i busted out and got the big set of 120. hoot hoot. excited.

Andi Rebirth
10-29-2007, 10:21 PM
Great news everyone! I think it is wonderful that we have this. Thanks to all :clap: Andi

paintfool
10-30-2007, 05:30 AM
Thanks, Cheryl for fixing that and I hope you see the new message from Bob. I'll check it out.

Pat

You're welcome. Yes, i did see the message (thank you Bob & Pat). I can't find the reason for this just yet, but i'll keep looking.

I've built numerous forums in the past & have never encountered this particular problem. It's probably one of those 'too simple to believe' things. :D I do like a challenge, so i'm sure that i'll find it. :)

Pat Isaac
10-30-2007, 08:02 AM
Good luck, Cheryl and I always hate it when it is one of those "simple things".....
Awesome, Stephen......you are going to have such fun..:D

Pat

paintfool
11-01-2007, 03:17 AM
To the admins: One can now get to the OP forum from the WC! home page using the left-side navigation--thanks! But, it doesn't show any guides and moderators for our group. I'm not sure what else is supposed to be in that section but you'll want to check it out.

Got it! :D Thanks

Pat Isaac
11-01-2007, 07:36 AM
Thanks again, Cheryl.

Pat

LJW
11-01-2007, 09:21 AM
Thanks for all your help Cheryl. Jane

paintfool
11-01-2007, 02:11 PM
You're welcome. I've learned a few things with this one, which is good. :) I'll return you to your regularly scheduled program. :D

BeckyMc
11-01-2007, 03:04 PM
How about adding Oil Pastels to the drop down menu for channels? :angel: Thanks!

paintfool
11-01-2007, 05:55 PM
Sorry Becky. That's one that is outside of my realm & there are a few other forums that we can't get up there yet either. The new owners of the site are working to solve this dilemma. Hopefully they'll find the solution soon.