PDA

View Full Version : Tying Her Slipper

eyecandy2
10-23-2007, 11:12 AM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/10-23-2007/114934_TyingHerSlipperSmall.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/10-23-2007/114934_Tieing_the_SlipperSmall.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Tying Her Slipper
Year Created: 2007
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 16 x 20
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
I saw a small photograph of this young and beautiful lady in a picture on the inte<br>et. The picture touched something in me that said, "you have to paint this picture." So I did and here is the result.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
I don't have any serious questions about this painting other than the fact that it isn't all mine. I used someone else's work for my model and feel guilty about that. Other than that, I would like to hear your comments. I show the original photo so that you can see what I have done with it. The bottom picture is the original.

jcwales
10-23-2007, 11:23 AM
As long as it wasn't someone elses brush applying the paint.
You should take all the credit.

Its a fantasic piece of work and would grace any wall.

La_
10-23-2007, 01:12 PM
can't take ALL the credit when using someone elses reference ... should get written permission (in a perfect world), or at Least give credit of original artist ... or risk being sued for copyright infringements. call it a 'study of...' on your display card and on the back of the piece.

lovely job, beautiful comp, i can definitely see what attracted you to it!

la

eyecandy2
10-23-2007, 05:08 PM
If you notice, I didn't take the credit and I did show the original piece, but, unfortunately, I don't know who the photographer was who took the photograph. He would probably give me a release if I knew how to get in touch with him. But, it just isn't a perfect world and I know that I can never enter this piece in a juried contest or show, but I can certainly enjoy it.

TScottDove
10-23-2007, 06:10 PM
Artists and art students have copied the masters for years. Don't sweat it. You could call it "study of a found photograph" or something similar since you don't know who to attribute it to.

Candices_Creations
10-23-2007, 11:38 PM
Beautiful painting...and maybe if you researched the photo..it could be a royalty free image..so there wouldn't be an infringement problem..:)

Slurps
10-23-2007, 11:47 PM
I like the way you tightened up the fall of her hair on the right side of her head; it creates a pleasing line that feels organic to the pose. I would have liked to see a little more of the same artistry carried throughout the picture, rather than a fairly close repetition of the reference photo. It's a bit more exciting when there is interpretation involved.

eyecandy2
10-29-2007, 06:31 PM
I'm now showing the finished painting after some modifications, particularly to the gown. I've tried to soften the look to match the subject. See finished painting below

eyecandy2
10-29-2007, 06:34 PM
The finished painting.