GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Etude
Year Created: 2007
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 20 x 30 cm
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
I painted it last week. Tried to work as quickly as I could, because it was very cold at the river.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
I think the work isn't finished, what do you think I should correct or add?

allanom
10-23-2007, 10:23 AM
A better reproduction would help with critiquing it -- seems a little soft focus.

Even though there's a predominent colour theme (purplish) there's a nice range of complementary colour choices. Maybe needs a focal point?

kathrynlovespets
10-23-2007, 02:16 PM
Yes I think it needs a focal point..otherwise, very nice

Corby
10-23-2007, 04:03 PM
you call it an Etude Meira, what was your goal or purpose with it? I love the medly of cool greens and purples spiked here and there sparingly with a spot of warmth. It definitely makes one want to be inside. It has of course a broody quality to it. I myself think that it has a good focal point, that turbulent water in the center. The eye immediatly fastens on it and it is hard to pull away, we keep going back...very nice.

Mark Sheeky
10-23-2007, 04:06 PM
The photo is blurry and perhaps the colour reproduction isn't accurate but I think it looks a bit bland because the colours are purple and green, and needs more yellow. I've turned up the saturation/chromanance here and added more yellow to the palette to warm it up a bit:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Oct-2007/118095-temp.jpg

Mark

Candices_Creations
10-23-2007, 11:45 PM
I like the color changes..very nice!

Meira
10-24-2007, 02:04 PM
Dear artists, thanks a lot for your comments!
I tried to make another shot better, but my camera doesn't allow me this:(. The colours of the real work are brighter as I used clear paints, this photo is too blurry. Mark, thank you for the advises. You all help me a lot. :wave:

friesin
10-24-2007, 02:07 PM
I m afraid the grass in the middle, behind that curve, is too long.
If it were shorter you would achieve much more depth :thumbsup: