PDA

View Full Version : Twin Lakes

coeur d alene
10-22-2007, 09:07 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/10-22-2007/119389_twin_lakes.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Twin Lakes
Year Created: 2007
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 24x36in
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
I'm just tossing this one out there to see what reactions come of it.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
No questions. Be honest. Tell me what you feel. I'm interested in what you are seeing.

kathrynlovespets
10-22-2007, 09:26 PM
not super realistic but great color and movement!

toraman
10-22-2007, 09:28 PM
Beautiful as before :)

Candices_Creations
10-22-2007, 11:22 PM
Very beautiful sky....:)

Corby
10-23-2007, 01:04 PM
It may be that, as Bob would say "you need to tie a bucket on that right side." Everything seems to be flowing that way and out! While the sky is very beautifully done, I am not convinced of the flow. That mid ground mountain would be receiving as much of it as the far mountain? Or at least more than it is. The close up trees at a lower elevation are receiving it. It could be punched up a bit more. The values in this are pretty much the same from front to back. Still it is pretty and it is refreshing in its feel.

Belle-lady
10-23-2007, 02:15 PM
Beutiful. I love the sky.:clap:

coeur d alene
10-23-2007, 08:21 PM
I know what you mean Corby. Even tho I painted it, when I was finished I felt uneasy when I tried to focus on something. Its kinda fairy tale-ish, but the flow...well its like setting in a shovel. I don't know what to make of it...it just flowed from my mind to my right hand to the canvas and onto the floor. It hasn't had much exposure (a couple of shows) so I was interested in seeing the reactions. Thanks for responding all. But yeah it is pleasant to look at because of the colors. How can weird be beautiful...I guess. Believe me I am not a traditionalist by any stretch.

Slurps
10-23-2007, 11:40 PM
I'm not sure, but I think based on the light in the sky there might be some more of the yellows and oranges and violet in the mountains. Probably makes a huge visual impact in person.