PDA

View Full Version : Infinity

gmoore
10-20-2007, 11:55 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/10-20-2007/86306_2007-11-01_(A)_Infinity.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Infinity
Year Created: 2007
Medium: Acrylic
Surface: Other
Dimension: 8 1/2 x 12
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Golden acrylics on Yupo synthetic paper.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
All comments welcome.

kathrynlovespets
10-21-2007, 12:00 AM
I love the curvy organic shapes...plus the bright stars..
combined, they make this an interesting painting (thought not my fav colors or subject matter)

very cool
I cant wait to see what else you do

D.W. Flint
10-21-2007, 12:54 AM
How did you do that? I'm always amazed at what people can do with paint and this looks really nice.:thumbsup:

Ronni
10-21-2007, 05:20 AM
Wonderful!
I think the three crosses are a bit too strange and powerful. When I hid them, I loved it more. They just don't let to concentrate all whats going there.

Maroza
10-21-2007, 07:34 AM
I agree the three starbursts detract from the rest of the painting

toraman
10-21-2007, 09:42 AM
It resembles some photos taken by hubble space telescope.

GavinD
10-21-2007, 10:28 AM
I like the starbursts, but would have varied the size of them a bit more; all three of them are a bit too similar in size. Overall though, I love it even though I find space quite scary. I quite often have disturbing dreams where I'm surrounded by the vastness of space and it scares the bejesus out of me.

Corby
10-21-2007, 12:32 PM
It is quite nicely done with the exception of the stars. The star shape is a visual way of depicting light rays, as such, the stars should be linearly constructed with extremely thin lines. These are very heavy, and so have a sense of being stuck on instead of embedded in.

Candices_Creations
10-21-2007, 12:44 PM
Very unique style..I like this painting. I would like to see the stars with more subtle rays..blended out from the center....that's just my preference, though. Thanks for sharing your work!

La_
10-21-2007, 01:01 PM
beautiful colors, nice composition ... i might like to see more blacks to add to the far vast distance of 'infinity' ... found it interesting positioned horizontally - i see an alien in it this way ... or not ... either way i like it better rotated this way ... you?

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Oct-2007/84648-86306_2007-11-01_A_Infinity.jpg

gmoore
10-21-2007, 03:39 PM
Thank you all for your comments. My reply to the points raised:

1. The shapes were created by laying the Yupo flat, squirting on the Golden Airbrush liquid acrylics and using a very soft brush (round) with lots of water to move the paint around. Phthalo blue was the most powerful and formed great effects. Even plain old Carbon Black formed nice subtle shades of gray when moved around with water. I also tried Interference Violet, but it was overwhelmed by the other paint and didn't show.

2. I agree with the comments on the star bursts. I meant the top right one to be the center of interest, but I couldn't get the fading I was trying for with a brush and got carried away with the other two. There's only one way to go with these next time - an airbrush.

3. With this type of subject, I guess any orientation would work and bring forward a new perspective. I think I still prefer the vertical orientation, but a buyer could hang it any way they want. Maybe I should not sign this piece on the front which would allow a buyer to do that?

Thanks again for your comments...