MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/10-20-2007/95475_house_007.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Lotta Bull
Year Created: 2007
Medium: Watercolor
Surface: Watercolor Paper
Dimension: 18
Allow digital alterations?: No, please :)

MY COMMENTS:
I have just completed 3 Longho<br> paintings. One has sold. Also, one is in oils. I would like to post the oil painting soon.<br>Love to hear what you think out there.<br>Thanks!

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Living in Texas I am used to seeing longhorns<br>s and they are very popular. I have not tried animals before and was trying to show the longhorn<br> in it's roaming area of mesquite trees and brush.

kathrynlovespets
10-20-2007, 11:34 AM
great patterns on the longhorn!
the background needs to be darker perhaps on the upper and corner parts to help frame the longhorn

Candices_Creations
10-20-2007, 02:25 PM
Great longhorn! I would add some shadowing to add depth .

TONY CUBAN
10-20-2007, 02:59 PM
I agree with Candice...you should define the background more,with shading
or more image

Corby
10-20-2007, 03:07 PM
impressive animal! ...as has already been said the painting in general needs a great deal more contrast. I would try and make the Mesquite recognizable as such. vegetation is only effective if it is accurately portrayed. It need not be a study in botany, but it should have the proper silhouette, and if close enough an indication at least of how the leaves look and grow. I realize it is NOT the subject here. But in its supporting role it is important.

sunsetstorm
10-21-2007, 10:53 PM
Thank you to everyone. I agree, the background should be darker. Guess I am just a little afraid of too much color.

GavinD
10-22-2007, 01:28 PM
I wouldn't want to come across that fella in a field. Look at the size of them horns..they could have your eye out! Something about this reminds me of a faded Roman wall painting; it has a sinister ancient look about it, which I like. The anatomy looks accurate and the masked white areas have been handled very skillfully. I especially like the creases in his neck where he's turning his head to face us.