PDA

View Full Version : Nigeria revisited

revpapa
10-20-2007, 08:27 AM
It was one of those situations that I knew from the beginning couldn't work out well. I received an email from someone in Nigeria asking me if I accepted credit cards and could ship to his country. He then placed a large order and sent me two credit cards via unsecured email.

I was suspicious, of course, and checked the numbers through my bank and through the bank which issued the cards. They were bogus!

On the surface, it looked okay and the banks both told me that had I run the cards, I would have had money deposited to my account. However, since the cards are stolen, once a claim was made, I'd have to refund the money. In the end, if I'd sent him the art and processed the cards, I'd be out the money AND the merchandise.

Can't help but wonder if there are any legitimate business people in Nigeria? I do know for sure that this one ISN'T!

Jerry

blackhills
03-04-2008, 03:47 AM
Good for you to check it out, Jerry, you saved yourself so much trouble! Is an eyeopener for everyone here on wetcanvas! Thanks for posting!

Sonya Meglaurel
08-08-2008, 09:02 AM
am in the process of dealing with someone who claimed they were a dealer out of Scotland. Have traced back the ip address and sure enough he is from Nigeria. He has called once and is promising to call again today as he wants 5 pieces and states he will provide me with a credit card on Monday.

of course now that am reading this will not complete the transaction and will provide the credit card number to mastercard when he calls with it.

Thank you wet canvas for making this site and information available. Am a gullible sort was was so excited about this sale. Had it not been for your guidance and availability of topics on so many different situations am sure would be in serious trouble had this gone through.