PDA

View Full Version : neon nude

old_hobbyist
10-18-2007, 11:02 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/10-18-2007/115806_painting04.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: neon nude
Year Created: 2007
Medium: Acrylic
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 12 x 16
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
This is an experiment. The subject is a female nude from an inte<br>et foto. I am attempting to alter the color composition without altering the figure elements. I have no idea what the style is although someone told me this approach is considered representational abstract. Total painting time ~3 hours.<br><br>As I said, this is strictly an experiment. Do not try this at home!

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Although I think the idea is neat, I'm open to fierce critique.

La_
10-18-2007, 11:45 PM
innitial impression - love it!

if it's just the photography that's making it so blurry we're done here, fab job

if it's really this blurry i think her left eye needs lowering and the dark green cheek spread down, or up, one or the other ...

don't make me guess if that's a fish hanging out of her mouth - tell me about it

finally, the flab of highlighted her right hip skin? is a little odd, just redefine the background a tich

lovely shapes overall, great color, really nice, like it alot

la

Slurps
10-19-2007, 12:32 AM
Yikes! This is fabulous. I couldn't care less about the little technical stuff, because this is like a visual assault. I love it. [Except the part about still seeing the after-image when I close my eyes....probably be just fine in a day or two....]

kathrynlovespets
10-19-2007, 02:01 AM
i think it's a very neat idea and I love the colors :)

only thing you need to watch out for is the part on the (viewer's) left of her body..the white part separating her torso from her arm sort of looks like part of her torso, and therefor it looks like her stomach is sagging down.

Do you see what I mean?

could be fixed by some more definition on that side of the torso

Ronni
10-19-2007, 03:32 AM
I like the whole up-side of hers, the stripes on her legs look strange to the painting, and miss the neon character. A nice one.

toraman
10-19-2007, 07:52 AM
Interesting work, almost like a digital one. Maybe the left side of the woman is too bright, steals my concentration.

tony1
10-19-2007, 08:28 AM
I like this a lot. I agree with La that it looks like a fish hanging from her mouth, I guess that's her hair and it's hard to see that it's behind her because of the unusual colors.

I'm curious about the line from her belly button to the left side of her neck.

I think this style is great, whatever it is, and you've executed it very well. I would just be careful of how some things would be viewed (like the fishtail) because we're not in a normal color mode that helps us see things.

Regardless, the experiment is a success. Great job.

old_hobbyist
10-19-2007, 11:15 AM
Hey, thanks for the critiques!

Yeah, La, the blurriness is an out-of-focus foto.

Y'know, when you're trying to capture an effect such as the wisps of her hair on the (viewer) right side, you never think about FISH! But you're right! It'll disappear. And the vertical stripes on the legs will become a little less vertical and more wavy.

Again, I'm not trying to distort the image but fiddle with the color. But things sometimes turn out gross. Like the (viewer) left hand. I've tried a few of these now and while they are really challenging (as I said, don't try these things at home), they don't yield the prettiest pictures!

Again, thanks for the critiques!

aszurblue
10-19-2007, 12:13 PM
I really really like this!!! Great visual consept.... But why wouldn't I do this at home? Azure

old_hobbyist
10-19-2007, 01:11 PM
aszurblue, if you think slurps had after-image problems after just looking at the thing, imagine what kind of visual problems I had trying to paint the thing!

Candices_Creations
10-19-2007, 01:17 PM
Hi Plastechie ! I really think this is a cool ! It reminds of those scans they can do that detect different temperatures in the body...red for heat...to blue for cooler places..... Really unique..thanks for sharing this!!