PDA

View Full Version : La, 2010

La_
10-18-2007, 02:34 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/10-18-2007/84648_La__2010.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/10-18-2007/84648_La_2010_dtl.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: La, 2010
Year Created: 2007
Medium: Oil
Surface: Board
Dimension: 16x20
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
fun stuff<br>where i plan to be, in 2010

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
anything

Slurps
10-18-2007, 02:40 PM
I think I might like this more than any other piece you've posted. If that's you picking fruit, your method is unique but the results are undeniable.
I'm sure you'll be there physically, because your mind has traveled there ahead of you.

toraman
10-18-2007, 02:40 PM
Beautiful future and painting (:

Katubus
10-18-2007, 03:40 PM
I'm really liking this one as well La, great work!

One thing though, your tree on our left looks slightly unanchored to me, what do you think about a touch more shading behind the tree stretching in the same direction as your shadow? Just a thought.

Lovin it! :D

Ms.Understood
10-18-2007, 04:20 PM
I LOVE the colors! The smoothness of the paint and overall feel are really visually appealing:thumbsup: .

tony1
10-18-2007, 04:29 PM
Great La, I love the shadow on the door. It gives a nice feeling of the light. Wonderful colors as usual.

billmahler
10-18-2007, 05:55 PM
La
Will that last apple unlock that final door for Eve?
Fill that final void?
Many questions and paradoxes here. The door section bearing her silhouette is lit, but should be in the shadow, while the section in the light's path is dark.
Is the darkness light, and is the light darkness?
Is that what that final apple will tell us lies on the other side of that door?
Does Eve really want to leave that garden?
Or has she retreated back here from the other side?

Or...

Will our multi-faceted Eve join the United Farm Workers?

Good one, La!

Corby
10-18-2007, 06:52 PM
Your special magic seems to have coalesced in this painting LA. I cannot think of another artist who evokes such tender whimsy...maybe Chagall...Bills comment is very insightful. I am glad you posted the close up so we could see the face, marvelous!

La_
10-18-2007, 11:34 PM
it's quite interesting to me that the pieces i throw together and think little about tend to get the best reaction and the ones i pain and toll hours and hours over tend to be the least likely to succeed

it's fair pleasin' to me to know that spontenaity (sp?!) does have some benefit.

it's a curiosity to me, however, what the general sense of stroking one's ego plays a part in it all

forget me, i prattle

your words do stroke my ego, thank you for that, and if your words ring truly sincere, i thank you again quite sincerely

Katabus, you are correct and i agree - i'll plant that tree!

Bill, Love that lol, thank you very much, lol

la