PDA

View Full Version : Cool Collie

mooz49
10-17-2007, 02:16 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/10-17-2007/27632_Cool_Collie.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Cool Collie
Year Created: 2007
Medium: Acrylic
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 12 X 16
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
All C&C welcome

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
How can I improve it?

Corby
10-17-2007, 02:42 PM
Hi mooz, I always enjoy seeing your work. It is quite distinctive. This is so immediate and alive. You do need to push it some to really make the most of it. First of all though note the two red X's It is not possible because of how the ruff is painted in to determine which leg is on the near side and which leg is on the far side. The ruff comes across the top of both legs. It should not cross over the near leg, only the far leg.

The horizon line is just a bit too ruler sharp and crisp. lastly is the marvelous opportunity you have for portraying light in this and "sparking" your image! I marked white X's wherever I just put white dots in, just a quick way to show how the light flow would highlight spots. It really gives life to the piece, notice the legs and feet...and reflections of...

Does the dog have a name? I was happy to see this. It is very "doggy"!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Oct-2007/70790-coolcollie.jpg

Candices_Creations
10-17-2007, 03:00 PM
Hello Mooz....I really like this dog...he looks very "cool"...and confident...! He's enjoying the beach..and I've enjoyed seeing him..thanks!

mooz49
10-17-2007, 03:03 PM
Corby .... :wave: .... thanks so much for your excellent advice ...... much appreciated. :thumbsup: His name is Max and he belongs to a work colleague.

Candice ..... thank you so much .... :wave:

Slurps
10-18-2007, 12:27 AM
This dog seems a bit two-dimensional, and the leg looks awkwardly bent backwards. Maybe that's how dog's legs bend and I never noticed. Corby's right about the horizon: if this is a wet surface, the horizon and the vertical plane should almost merge with an imperceptible transition.

Having seen how you took your other dog (Border Collie) through a process of making it have life, I'm optimistic about what you'll do with Max. Looking forward to that!

mooz49
10-18-2007, 05:10 AM
Thanks Slurps ..... appreciate your advice .... :wave: