PDA

View Full Version : New WIP

Syderbomb
10-17-2007, 12:58 AM
So i found this old sketch i did back in 04 so i scanned it into my computer and started working on it in Painter X just looking on some feedback and some suggestion on where to go next with it. Thanks.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Oct-2007/119067-Clown_2B_Pencil.jpg

MonicaB
10-17-2007, 09:29 AM
Hi Syderbomb. Just wanted to let you know I moved your thread from the Welcome forum to the Digital forum, so the experts can comment on your work!

Syderbomb
10-17-2007, 11:53 AM
Thanks I wasn't sure where to post it, I'm still finding my way around the site. Sorry for putting it in the wrong forum.

JCoop
10-17-2007, 12:19 PM
Syder, welcome to the forum. I like your rendering, it has loads of personality.

My advice to you would be to practice, practice, practice. You can find many tutorials on "Painter" by just doing a few Google searches. You can get good advice here also by just asking.

Again, welcome.:)

zoozyq
10-18-2007, 10:26 AM
Syderbomb,

Welcome! :wave: I have Painter X--if you just recently began working with it, watch out, it's addicting! :) Where should you go next with your scan? I'd start by applying all kinds of effects just to see what they do. You could also do paint-overs on added layers using different brushes. One thing usually leads to another, so....

I have a digital art blog on my website, which sort of skims over the stages I've gone through as I've taught myself to use the tools, beginning before I had Painter. It might be of some help...

Have fun!

Linda/Zoozyq

wrangler
10-18-2007, 08:11 PM
How about adding the missing building blocks on the rest of the page?,it could be even added digitally,using brushes,as well,as drawing and filling tools.