GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Lotus Of Awakening
Year Created: 2007
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 24 inches x 36 inches
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
I wanted to have a floral piece in my recent show, and chose the lotus, since, in the easte<br> wisdom traditions, it is considered the symbol for awakening (the unfolding bloom).

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Comments appreciated.

Phranque
10-16-2007, 01:32 PM
It's beautiful! The painting itself must look fantastic, given it's impressive size. Love the crop and how it seems to glow.

allanom
10-16-2007, 01:40 PM
Hey Frank: Thanks, appreciate your kind comments!

Heres a show installation view, to give you a sense of size and context.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Oct-2007/4031-03install.jpg

Candices_Creations
10-16-2007, 05:41 PM
Very pretty lotus flower ! I also, like the glowing light inside...

dab
10-16-2007, 08:13 PM
glorious...really love all your work...have been watching all the disussions you have stirred up.Cant understand why people get upset that an artist would choose contriversial subjects...i think it is important to have courage when painting and i see this with your work...keep it up

allanom
10-17-2007, 01:49 AM
Candice: I'm happy this works for you.

dab: Thanks for the positive comments on this and on my other posts. I can't help but do what I have to do! I understand that people bring their own set of values and prejudices and sensibilities to the critical process, and so readily accept their comments. Interestingly, the more challenging pieces in my show were enthusiastically received by 99 percent of the lay folks who saw them during my show, as opposed to the substantial flak directed at them on this "artist" forum. Hmmmmm....

Slurps
10-17-2007, 02:09 AM
Doesn't really sound like you "readily accept" comments when you consider them "flak". Inherent in a critique forum is the potential for criticism that varies from what you're hoping to hear. That's why there's the flak-free Gallery forum. Much gentler crowd hangs out there. More like "lay" folks.