PDA

View Full Version : Sun Lovers

Belle-lady
10-15-2007, 02:01 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/10-15-2007/101458_Amy___Gabby.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Sun Lovers
Year Created: 2007
Medium: Colored Pencil
Surface: Paper
Dimension: 11 x 14
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
This is a colored pencil drawing of my dogs.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
How is the composition?

Corby
10-15-2007, 03:26 PM
This is fabulous, the execution is superb! The composition is a joy! Everything is calculated to add to the interest of the drawing. I like for example how the light pools on the floor under the drapery. Color and interest is added there and it keeps our eye from following the drapery line out of the drawing. The expression on the yellow dogs face is sooooo cool. I have seen that look in that type dogs eyes a thousand times! Two small items, one of which I really cant say why...the tension created between the two dogs by the space between them. I keep thinking that the darker dog might be drawn in just the bit closer to the yellow dog? As much as anything I am thinking of the close proximity to the edge of the drawing. I hate it when mats and frames impinge too closely on images. The other thing is the spot of greenery out by the deck. The edges are too hard on the leaves and the color too bright, and the contrasts too great. That being so it is like an interfering child with a loud voice! The drawing is just super Belle. Welcome to the WC!

toraman
10-15-2007, 06:44 PM
WOW, incredible realism. They are so cute. The curtains are wonderful.

Candices_Creations
10-15-2007, 07:07 PM
This is an awesome drawing !! I think the dogs are done extremely well...fur ..expressions...the sheerness of the curtains...very well done...excellent compostion. I just got some colorsoft pencils and you've inspired me to start practicing with them..Can't wait to see more of your work, Belle..

Jackie339
10-15-2007, 07:43 PM
Warms me right up on this cold autumn day, nice work!

TScottDove
10-15-2007, 10:22 PM
the composition is strong. the entire piece is terrific. brava!

Dhuot
10-15-2007, 10:26 PM
That is so vety cool, pencil :eek:
That could be Eric Fischl's room with dogs.
Superb
:)

thomas w
10-16-2007, 11:39 AM
Excellent work! The composition is a strong point just as much as the fine detail you put into this. The colors and contrast are amazing.
Thomas W

Belle-lady
10-16-2007, 11:50 AM
Thanks everyone for your coments. It's great to have a place to post my work so other artists can see and comment on it. Your right Corvus, I should have made the deck area much softer so it doesn't stand out so much.