GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Shadow Work
Year Created: 2007
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 24 inches x 36 inches
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
This piece is about bravely doing the difficult work of facing the darker aspects of one's make-up, in order to approach emotional wholeness, a critical aspect of transendence and awakening.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Comments?

TinaC
10-15-2007, 09:10 AM
You are soooooooo deep, and I have to be honest and say although I dont necessarily like all your work, you certainly keep me intrigued and provoke thought. I abolutely love this one though, cant fully articulate exactly why but I am drawn towards the unusual and unobvious and also this seems to have struck a chord with me personally. More power to your elbow!

tony1
10-15-2007, 10:22 AM
Very well done.

Spyderbabe
10-15-2007, 02:55 PM
Allan,
A very well depicted image and lots to think about. It might be the digital image but at first the cloud appeared more like a wall. I though showing the edge of it might enhance the concept ~

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Oct-2007/23281-allan.jpg

Corby
10-15-2007, 03:33 PM
I appreciate its beauty...I appreciate the underlying adherence to "the rules" which make it possible! I like the fact that we each of us must sail into our own personal storm.

It is difficult to put interest into so much essentially empty space. You have done it well.

Candices_Creations
10-15-2007, 06:55 PM
Well, at first sight, I thought it was a tidal wave about to hit the poor sailboat! Took a second look..realized it's a storm coming..then read your explanation. I think most of your work is very well done and I enjoy how you explain the deep emotions you are depicting in your paintings.

Slurps
10-15-2007, 10:16 PM
I thought that was a hill with a cloud layer above the ridge and a thin cloud layer on the lower left. Are you saying the whole thing's a big, dark cloud? Maybe the size of the painting isn't well suited to photo depiction and I'm missing some details on my monitor. My impression is that the boat is sailing away from the light and into the darkness cast by the looming hill (or cloud, if you insist that that's a cloud).

The scene looks too placid to suggest an approaching storm. I'm not sure I'm buying the reflection of the sail in the water...too crisp, too complete, too suggestive of a glassy surface.