PDA

View Full Version : Vancouver Art Show

NBW
10-14-2007, 06:17 PM
If you are a visual artist living in Vancouver or the lower mainland area of British Columbia, or on Vancouver Island or any of the smaller islands in the Strait of Georgia, you should be in the Vancouver Art Show. Check it out at VancouverArtShow.ca (http://www.VancouverArtShow.ca)

troublemaker
10-16-2007, 04:43 PM
Long shot...is this open to folks in Northern Washington who wish they were Canadian?

NBW
10-17-2007, 07:12 PM
Actually, it's funny you should say that. VancouverArtShow.ca is intended to be about artists living within a 3 or 4 -hour drive from Vancouver, Canada, That way, if anyone within that area sees some artwork they really like, the artist or gallery is not too far away to visit.
Of course, Seattle is only a few hours from Vancouver, and so is a fairly large area of Northern Washington. But would people in these areas go to a website called "Vancouver Art Show" to look for art? Would they drive up to British Columbia? Would Canadian art lovers go to Washington state? don't know. Part of the problem is that, by the time you go through customs, are Washington and the lower mainland of B.C. still within a 3 or 4 hours of each other?

Any opinions on this, out there?

JodyBillingsley
11-04-2007, 10:01 AM
Hi there,

I am a local emerging Vancouver visual artists. How do I join up? I love the site!

Cheers,

Jody Billingsley:D

www.artbyjody.blogspot.com

troublemaker
11-13-2007, 03:35 PM
Actually, it's funny you should say that. VancouverArtShow.ca is intended to be about artists living within a 3 or 4 -hour drive from Vancouver, Canada, That way, if anyone within that area sees some artwork they really like, the artist or gallery is not too far away to visit.
Of course, Seattle is only a few hours from Vancouver, and so is a fairly large area of Northern Washington. But would people in these areas go to a website called "Vancouver Art Show" to look for art? Would they drive up to British Columbia? Would Canadian art lovers go to Washington state? don't know. Part of the problem is that, by the time you go through customs, are Washington and the lower mainland of B.C. still within a 3 or 4 hours of each other?

Any opinions on this, out there?

well, if its an art show, its about finding new audiences as well, right? And reasonably if there is a website, then (we're going to jump to an assumption that I'm an artist on there) people seeking to see my work would be more likely to head to that site, thus giving it word of mouth advertising and then more likely head north of the border to check out the actual space. Perhaps not as many buyers would go, but I'd venture that artists enjoy seeing other artists, even if you have to drive a little bit to get there.

Interesting...
I'm 45 minutes from Vancouver