View Full Version : The Ink Well..... October 14 - 20, 2007

objectivistartist
10-14-2007, 10:52 AM
Another week already! guess when having fun, it goes by fast....:lol:
looking forward to seeing some new, interesting works here......:thumbsup:
myself, playing with the figure for Rite of Spring.... :evil:

mudslinger
10-14-2007, 02:30 PM
i've been busy organizing my workspace :eek: and finally getting some more done on my moray pic. other than that, not much besides trying to eke out a living.
i do have a kitty update- little dude is doing fine...spoiled little sucker! :lol:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Oct-2007/89131-littledude.jpg

elaine321
10-14-2007, 05:36 PM
ahhh he's sooo cute!!!
hey Robert!! I have been trying to work on my figure since last spring!!!! Just got bigger instead of smaller!!

Has anyone heard how Terry is doing lately?

kitaye
10-14-2007, 05:44 PM
The kitten in adorable and so small. I miss having little ones like him around the house.

I'm still on a wood carving kick but I hope to get back into the studio, and do some real art soon. So many ideas, so little time.

mudslinger
10-16-2007, 07:31 AM
i got the rest of the art show pics up finally. if you're interested, you can see them here. (http://ancientcityinkworks.blogspot.com/)

elaine321
10-16-2007, 08:29 AM
Hey Lenny, reading about you going to the show reminds me so much of my last show. Same thing, the prize that one was abstract and probably took 5 mins for them to do. Mine came 2nd and like you said it is the getting known that is more important! What a great idea approaching the local cafes. Although 50% is a lot!!
I have one question for you though as I have been a bit baffled on this. After reading the great article here on selling prints, I have been very eager to give it a go. Just wondering did you get your prints professionally done at a printers or did you print them out yourself. I would like to approach a print shop but I am scared of what sort of price they would charge!! Let us know if you sell any!! I want to know everything!!!!!

mudslinger
10-16-2007, 09:13 AM
i got my first set of prints done by a printer. they're lithographs and cost under $2 apiece, but i had to get a minimum run of 250 done. you can get laser copies done for about the same price but the paper isn't as good a quality and i'm not sure about the archivalness of the ink, but if you want to provide affordable "eye candy", it works pretty well. laser copies are great for doing cards as well. the standard 8 1/2 X 11" copies at staples are only 43 cents apiece for black and white and $1.09 for color. fold them yourself and you've got nice notecards at an affordable price. i'm going to see if they can do the laser copies on heavier paper if i can provide some. card stock is adequate, but i'd like something a little more substantial.

PVHooper
10-17-2007, 01:42 PM
Don't talk to me about printers,:crying: :rolleyes: :confused: