PDA

View Full Version : I'm in a show in NY and you're all invited!

DraigAthar
06-01-2002, 05:32 PM
Heh, how's THAT for a professional subject line?

So here's the scoop! I'm in an art show in Manhattan this month, and I'm very excited about it. I thought I'd post the details here, since we do seem to have a lot of NYers who could feasibly attend, if they so wished.

Here's the info from the organization hosting the show:

Poetry City presents an Exhibition of Text in Art

Featuring: Artwork by Joanie San Chirico, Daniel Paley Ellison, Amy Rawson & Chris Zielski
Information: 212-691-6590
Date: Friday, June 14th
Time: 7 - 9 p.m.
Admission: Free

It's going to be more of an art event than a show, I guess, because it's only going to be up for the one night, but there will be lots of free wine and snacks so it should be a good time, and I can use all the support I can get! So come on out, have some wine, see some art, and say hi!

Amy

joemajury
06-01-2002, 06:05 PM
Good luck, I hope you get a good turnout, and sell lots
Best wishes

Joe

surreal
06-01-2002, 06:39 PM
Amy,
I'm really looking forward to seeing the exhibit. :D

I will definitely see you there!

It's terrific news!!!! :clap:

Nina

DraigAthar
06-01-2002, 06:46 PM
Joe: Thanks! So are you going to fly over and attend? ;)

Nina: I forgot to say in my first post - if you need more specific directions to the place, I can provide them. It's not that hard to find, but it's not terribly obvious, either. Hope to see you there!

Amy

keiki
06-01-2002, 06:54 PM
Here's hoping you steal the show.

We've been talking about this for a long time and I'm glad the day is arriving. Hope it goes off smoothly and you have a terrific turn out.

It was a challenge well met. :clap: :clap:

Mom

surreal
06-01-2002, 07:16 PM
Hi Amy,
I'm sure I'll find the location easily.
Thanks.
Nina:D

MissMouse
06-01-2002, 10:32 PM
I hope those snacks include cheese because I will be there too. I think I will drag Mr.Mouse along it will be fun.

DraigAthar
06-01-2002, 10:36 PM
Yay! MissMouse, I'd love to have you and Mr. Mouse at the show. I don't know if there's cheese there, but I'm sure you could find something else to nibble on if there isn't. :)

Amy

artbabe21
06-03-2002, 11:44 AM
So thrilled for you Amy!! Please do give us all the details when you come down from the glow! How many pieces will you be allowed to have? Enjoy every minute! Montana is too far a commute, so I'll have to miss it......sob.
Cathleen~

DraigAthar
06-03-2002, 11:46 AM
Cathleen,

I have six paintings in the show, all new ones that I have done specifically for this event. I've posted a few of them in various forums here already, so you've probably seen some of them by now. :)

Amy

tuatara
06-03-2002, 10:42 PM
Very best wishes, Amy!
Sounds like a great art event. Please follow up with details after!

regards Pam:)

artbabe21
06-04-2002, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by tuatara
Please follow up with details after!

Yep, we want the WHOLE dish-o-la, don't leave anything out! Ten paintings, that's marvelous!!!!!!! Excited for you!!!!!!
Cathleen~

DraigAthar
06-04-2002, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by artbabe21

Ten paintings, that's marvelous!!!!!!!

LOL, ten paintings WOULD be marvelous, but if you'll read again you'll notice I only have six in the show, haha! ;)

Amy

artbabe21
06-04-2002, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by DraigAthar
LOL, ten paintings WOULD be marvelous, but if you'll read again you'll notice I only have six in the show, haha! ;)

Ahhhhhh, it MUST have been wishful thinking on my part, but 6 isn't so shabby! Best of luck!
Cathleen~

surreal
06-14-2002, 09:32 PM
Hi Amy,
I was disappointed at not seeing your exhibit tonight.

My husband & I drove to Manhattan to see your exhibit at 8:00 P.M at 5 Union Sq. West and the building was locked! :(

Hope you enjoyed your exhibit and that the evening was all you had hoped it would be.

Nina