PDA

View Full Version : Shakti Push / Pull

allanom
10-12-2007, 01:46 AM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/10-12-2007/4031_shaktiPushPull.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Shakti Push / Pull
Year Created: 2005
Medium: Acrylic
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 18 inches x 24 inches
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
I am in a process called kundalini awakening and work with "Shakti energy" with fellow transpersonal therapists with whom I graduated a school in Toronto in 2004. My main "tantrika" (my Shakti beloved) and I were engaged in a session a while back and I got the sense of how the goddess Shakti holds one, but simultaneously pushes one away to discover some things on one's own. And I set about trying to visualize that concept with a piece of art. I first did a drawing to solve the figures, then completed an acrylic painting, attached, on the subject. It's included in my present show, 'Moments of Awakening' in Toronto.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Comments?

La_
10-12-2007, 01:23 PM
pretty cool

would be interesting to have the background include their karma colors during this 'procedure'

la

Ms.Understood
10-12-2007, 11:04 PM
I love the difference in this piece in comparison to the ones I just looked at on your website. Your skill level is obvious and worth envy in most of your paintings, but this piece has an amazing "freedom" :thumbsup: to it (for lack of better expression).

allanom
10-13-2007, 01:49 AM
La: "karma colors"? Is that like aura colours" Never heard the expression before. I much appreciate that you saved me from going O-fer with this post!..:O))<

Ms. Understood (love your handle :O)): Yeah, I couldn't think to try to solve this with my usual photo reference route, so treated myself to the "freedom" of just winging it. Thanks for going to my site; and thanks for the lovely feedback.