PDA

View Full Version : Relentless Carelessness

itsajem
10-07-2007, 04:09 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/10-07-2007/67693_listed+_059.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/10-07-2007/67693_listed+_060.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Relentless Carelessness
Year Created: 2007
Medium: Acrylic
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 15x30
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Relentless Carelessness is how I describe the technique used in this work, I thought it might also be an appropriate title.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Love, Hate, Improvement, Please Stop Making Them?

Ronni
10-07-2007, 04:33 PM
Dramatic and interesting and beautiful!

Slurps
10-07-2007, 04:41 PM
You really need to stop being so shy with your colors...

I would call it "Throw the rule book out"! Whooooooohooooo! That is one of the most delightfully absurd things I've seen in a while.... you got my nerves jangling and stuff....
I'd hate to see what happens when you really cut loose.... yikes! This is a fun picture! It is an absolute blast when someone says, "Stand back, you might get hurt while I'm painting this one!"
Sweeeeeeeet.

Corby
10-07-2007, 05:52 PM
Does that wine red sea taste as good as it looks? Great job! Even Gauguins jaw would drop! By all means pursue this vein of work.

toraman
10-07-2007, 06:05 PM
So beautiful, vivid colors. You are on the right way.

bushma'am
10-07-2007, 11:52 PM
I don't think I have ever said it before [ "WOW !!!"

I'm with Corby, this calls for a celebration.

Dhuot
10-08-2007, 09:42 PM
I love the red water, a good companion to red eyes ;)
That blue up in the sky is delicious
:)

itsajem
10-09-2007, 12:57 PM
Thank You Ronnie!

Slurps, thats the funniest read I've had in a long time, Thank You!

Corby, mmm red wine good, Gauguin's jaw drop...wow, I really felt this had no merit at all before everyones positive feedback. I may be still to close to the creation to see beyond what I see as careless application of paint. I guess if it is as Ronnie remarked, dramatic, interesting and beautiful that is usually enough to make a good painting! Thank You for your reply, I appreciate you!!!

Thank You Toraman!

Thank You Bushma'am! I'm at a loss!

Thank You Daniel!!! I love a good unexpected color too!!!