PDA

View Full Version : Greenie's Weekly Oct 7-13th

Lady Carol
10-07-2007, 09:59 AM
Morning all, or afternoon as may be appropriate for others :D Another new week for gossip or conversations.

We have coffee and cookies, so make yourself at home.

Charlie's Mum
10-07-2007, 10:49 AM
Afternoon all! :D

After the glorious weather of the last few days, it's drizzling, though not cold ....... but coffee is still very welcome :D

I'm waiting for paint to dry, so popped in to say Hi! .........

...and bye (for now) :D

Terry Wynn
10-07-2007, 11:01 AM
Just thought I would drop by, can't stay for coffee, but thanks all the same. Supposed to be warm here today with temps dropping drastically later this afternoon. Must get some yard "stuff" done!

Selecting and readying materials to start my October Plant Parade entry. Have an idea or two so if all goes well I will be at the unveiling on the 25th!

Off to get started on the "stuff" awaiting.

Good day to all.

Terry

fawnridge-art
10-07-2007, 02:02 PM
Good morning, coffee in hand. Have stuff to get to also, but don't want to!!! We have had the cool weather last few days and being lazy with hot coffee sounds better than 'chores'! But........oh well........just need to get motivated...........have I started to move yet? :lol:

debsn2paintn
10-08-2007, 11:06 AM
Happy Monday Morning everyone,

Well I had a busy and good weekend. I entered the Double Delight Rose in our local fair and was so happy to find out I won a First Place Ribbon. I also entered a photo of my daughter and won another First Place Ribbon. This is the first time I have ever entered anything, and it's really fun. Today is Senior Day, so I'm taking both of my Grandma's to the fair. :)

Here is a picture of my painting at the fair, and the photo of my daughter.

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r141/debsn2paintin/photos432mjpgpb.jpg

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r141/debsn2paintin/photos222sm.jpg

Have a good week everyone. I have been too busy to even work on the Parrot Tulip, hope to finish it up this week.

Charlie's Mum
10-08-2007, 04:08 PM
How fantastic Deb - I didn't realise the rose was so huge! Lovely display.
Many congrats .... and what a lovely daughter too ..... bonny lass :D

Fozbot
10-08-2007, 05:20 PM
congratulations, Deb!! if they could've seen your rose on that dark brown wall they'd have given you a medal, too! that was stunning to say the least.

your daughter is beautiful! her eyes are gorgeous.

Lady Carol
10-08-2007, 09:38 PM
And to think we all have a little bit of input in your rose :D Congrats on the win.

BTW, your daughter is lovely. I bet she has a lot of guys following her around.

ranunkel
10-09-2007, 05:19 AM
Congratulations Deb on your first place ribbons!

Last night we had our first sub-zero degrees, and the fall colour was turned on when I took my dog for a walk this morning.

I am back to my botanical art studies to day so I couldn't resist to take a few photos of the lovely colours. I am going to do leaves in water colour.

SunsetSue
10-09-2007, 11:55 AM
Hello everyone! I have been away for a while and hope to be back painting soon. Just trying to get caught up on the comments.
Well done Deb, and your daughter is lovely. She has gorgeous eyes. LOL I just read back over the comments and I see that has been said already! Oh well, it is true!
Fall is definitely in full swing here. I am waiting for my maple trees to turn color so I can get some pics of them. I hope I can get out and about a bit with my camera soon but it never seems to stop raining!

debsn2paintn
10-09-2007, 04:33 PM
Marianne- Thanks and those leaves are so beautiful, wow look at all the different colors. It's still in the upper 80's here. Though cold is 50 degrees lol.

Hi Sue, I know what you mean by trying to catch up, that's been me lately.

Carol, Billie, and Maureen- Thanks so much, and thanks for your help with this along the way... it was a HUGE help :) Thanks for the comments on my daughter too. She is 15, and stays busy with her Christian Youth Group, Theatre... and Homework, that's all she has time for :D So, she really doesn't have boys chasing her yet.... :D

fawnridge-art
10-10-2007, 12:29 AM
Deb, just wait! Mine is 14, in volleyball after school, 2 honors classes, homework, and still has time for boys! YIPES!!! :eek: But so far just at lunch and breaks! Better just stay that way for a couple of years (wishful thinking...):wink: . Thankfully its long distance to talk to the ones in town. Just worry about the ones up here in the hills!!!!!!!!! :eek:
The rose looks GREAT and congrats on it and the lovely portrait of your daughter. :clap:, :clap:

C_Line
10-10-2007, 07:39 PM
Congratulations Deb & well deserved!