PDA

View Full Version : Bougainvillea Pots X Post from acrylics

SunsetSue
10-06-2007, 07:33 PM
As some of you know I have been away for quite a while due to health problems. I have not been able to paint other than doing a few touchups here and there. This was one we did in the Different Strokes for the acrylics forum and I have made a few changes to it. I would love to hear your comments and critiques.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Oct-2007/10094-Bougainvillea_Small.jpg

kmb_art
10-06-2007, 08:25 PM
It's a lovely painting and very well done. I hope you are feeling better.

billmahler
10-06-2007, 10:12 PM
Sue

Nice to see you back. Hope you are feeling well.
This is a good painting and you can frame it as is.
Here are a couple of things I might futz with:
The light seems to be coming from my right. I might try to dramatize that by darkening the blooms on my left side of the nearest pot a bit with some complementary cool colors and adding a few light warm highlights on the right.
On the two further pots, darkening the left side of the nearer one just a bit with some cool but not intense color might distinguish it more from the further one.
I'd try that digitally at first, because what you have is fine.

Charlie's Mum
10-07-2007, 11:03 AM
Lol Sue - you revisited this one? Wow! I found this ref very testing!

I don't know what changes you made, without going back to the first - but it's still a lovely painting.
I agree with Bill about those flowers behind - and darks would help .. but the foreground bush plant is very nice. Very 'hangable' :D

SunsetSue
10-07-2007, 01:56 PM
Thanks Kathleen for your comment. I am definitely on the mend.
Thanks Bill I will play around with that a bit and will post any changes. I really appreciate your critique it is very helpful. I am sure you are right because I love your work! Just thinking about it, I agree with your suggestions.
Thanks Maureen. I found this to be the most fascinating painting I ever worked on! I do not want to sell this one so am thinking of doing a couple more variations to sell. It was a challenge wasn't it? I would love to find some more reference photos like this that show the pots so well! I will follow Bill's suggestions and post any changes.