PDA

View Full Version : Another look at the Bougainvillea Pots

SunsetSue
10-06-2007, 12:39 AM
Hi Everyone, I thought I would post this as I made some changes and was hoping for some feedback. I am almost well again, tapering off the morphine, so should be able to catch up on the comments again soon. Boy have I missed everyone! I have not painted anything at since this picture so will have to get back at it!
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Oct-2007/10094-Bougainvillea.jpg

edtree
10-06-2007, 08:24 AM
:wave: Hi Sue!

I was wondering just the other day where you'd been. I had no idea you had been ill. So glad you are on your way to wellness though. You have been missed.:heart:

This was such a lovely reference, and you've done a great job with it. The closest pot and flowers stand out wonderfully (focal point really comes through well)! Also love the concrete look to the railing and balusters. Your painting displays beautifully! :D

Elizabeth

jan409
10-06-2007, 08:55 AM
You have done a wonderful job on this painting. I hope you are well. Jan

idylbrush
10-06-2007, 09:05 AM
Hey, I think I recognize those pots of Bouganvillea.....aren't they from the promenade of the Ringling Museum of Art in Sarasota, Florida?

Nicely done and a great sense of light, time and space.

Alison2
10-06-2007, 09:15 AM
Hello Sue,

These are beautiful!

Wishing you the very best for your health.

Alison2:wave:

Linee
10-06-2007, 10:34 AM
Sue, I'm glad you're on the mend. I hope you recover fully very soon.

Lovely colors! It looks like you added more lights to the blossoms. It seems, though, that the closest palm may be a bit dark for its distance, but I'm not sure.

Paulafv
10-06-2007, 01:44 PM
Great painting. Like the depth and the way the plants recede.

Hope you'll be well soon. It's no fun being ill.

SunsetSue
10-07-2007, 01:40 PM
Thankyou so much everyone for the comments. I am feeling much better although I am not 100% yet but I am getting there!
Thanks Elizabeth, I have missed you a lot and I am anxious to see what you have done while I have been away. I will try to catch up with you soon.
Thanks Jan.
Thanks Howard. Yes these are the same bougainvillea as in the Different Strokes, I just made a few adjustments trying to improve it!
Thanks Allison, I appreciate your comments.
Thanks Linda, I was wondering about the palm too. I have never actually seen one and I made mine look more like telephone poles and tried to improve on that but they still look like poles! I may tone down the top a bit before I spray it.
Thanks Paula. You are right it is no fun being ill! I have missed painting and sharing with all my friends here at WC.
:wave:

chammi kaiser
10-08-2007, 02:27 AM
Sue , lovely to have you back again. Sorry you have been so ill and glad to know you are recovering. I love this bright cheerful painting and particularly the colours in the foreground pot. Well done and wishing you 100% health again. luv.

Viuhti
10-08-2007, 08:10 AM
The pots look great, very believable perspective. I would sharpen the flowers in the middle pot, jut a bit.
Best of health to you!

JimmyM
10-08-2007, 03:01 PM
I like it a lot. I might bring up the contrast a bit on the stone walkway.
Very nice job thought.

lilbelle
10-08-2007, 04:06 PM
Sue, great texture on the pots and the flowers are lovely! Glad you are feeling better.

SunsetSue
10-08-2007, 11:19 PM
Thanks Chammi for your comments and good wishes. I hope to be back painting soon.
Thanks Pirjo for your comment, I will see what I can do with the middle flowers.
Thanks Jimmy, I will see what I can do with the walkway.
Thanks Lillian, for your comments and good wishes
I really appreciate all the support you all have shown. You are truly a wonderful group of people.

C_Line
10-14-2007, 09:28 PM
Sue, I was so busy last week with the show, etc. that I didn't even see this. You've done wonderfully, such superb attention to detail.

You have been sorely missed here and I'm glad you're starting to feel better and can begin sharing your wonderful work with us again. I hope that each day you're able to paint and feel stronger it will be a source of refreshment to you.

SunsetSue
10-19-2007, 08:32 PM
Thanks Celeste, I really appreciate you taking the time as you are always so busy. I am on the mend and will soon be back painting and posting again.