PDA

View Full Version : Spring sketches - for Dolors

seejay
10-05-2007, 11:23 PM
Hi all,

These are a couple of pen and wash sketches, both done on the same A4 page of my under utilised sketch pad, for Dolors (and everyone else of course). I hope to get more use out of my sketch pad soon.

They look a bit cold, but it was really a nice day at the local beach.

Cheers

Ranger Dan
10-06-2007, 03:16 AM
Super job Chris, it sure looks like it was a wonderful day.

dolors
10-06-2007, 03:48 AM
Thank you very much for your nice words Chris.
I love to see your sketches, they are so fresh, I like your pen strokes and the way that you give the light washes. I can imagine that your busy life is now like the second sketch, very complicated but with the calmed sea at the end.
Good luck with your exams and come back very soon. We miss you and your work. I think that every person in this forum is so important, when one of us doesn't appear there is an empty.

valchina612
10-06-2007, 05:12 AM
It's great to see you again Chris, and your sketches are as great as ever. I hope you will be able to find the time to do some more in the near future. :clap: :thumbsup:

Val. :wave:

seejay
10-06-2007, 06:45 AM
Thanks for the kind comments, and thanks for making me feel welcome after such a long absence. Hopefully in a couple of weeks I'll have more to share.

Dolors, your thoughts about the second sketch are so true! A special thanks for your words.

Cheers

MonicaB
10-06-2007, 10:40 AM
Ah yes, there are the Seejay sketches we know and love! :clap:

sassybird
10-06-2007, 01:25 PM
Chris, it is great seeing you again. These sketches look like they were fun to do, and they do not appear cold to me at all. Nice sunny day at the beach is just the thing to relax those overworked nerves from dealing with evreyday life.

Jakeally
10-06-2007, 06:57 PM
Hey Chris ... great to have you back:clap: :wave:

seejay
10-06-2007, 10:44 PM
Hey Monica, Charissa and Chris, thanks for the warm welcome (back).

I hope you are all well.

Take care

PVHooper
10-07-2007, 08:14 AM
Seejay love the spontaneity and yes the freshness of your work, stunning

seejay
10-09-2007, 09:29 AM
Thanks Paul

I appreciate your thoughts.

Cheers

mel-ink
10-15-2007, 11:55 PM
Woo hoo, lookie here what I found! A post from Seejay's sketchbook!! The addition of the watercolor washes really adds to your spontanious style...these are wonderful and hopefully you will find time to do some more. That tree in the second one looks like it was a blast to draw!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

seejay
10-16-2007, 07:03 AM
Hi Mel,

Long time, no see!;) My exams are done, I'm (almost) a free artist! I plan to go down to the swamp tomorrow, maybe I'll have something to post then.

Cheers,

catluckey
11-04-2007, 06:42 PM
I love how your lines intersect and freely flow. Then your color washes are so "right on." Beautiful work.

seejay
11-05-2007, 07:56 PM
I love how your lines intersect and freely flow. Then your color washes are so "right on." Beautiful work.

Thanks Cathy. Sometimes they work out better than others, but I enjoy the time doing these regardless if they turn out okay or not.

Cheers