GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Edge of the Swamp
Year Created: 2007
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 16 X 20
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
I havn't painted in about a month, so I did this to try and get back into it.<br>This is a view of a swamp where your not quite to the part where you'll get your feet wet!<br><br>

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Do you think it is done? If not, what would you add to it?

jess_hawk
10-02-2007, 09:50 PM
I really like this, its kind of mysterious.

The one thing that I might suggest is a change would be to tone down the blues in the water - with the clouds in the sky, the bright blue is a little bit jarring IMHO b/c I don't expect blue - there's nothing blue above for water to be reflecting.

Excellent painting regardless.

kathrynlovespets
10-02-2007, 10:11 PM
great job at capturing the dark, dank, isolated swamp

certainly feel like im right there...well you've painted it very well...

Corby
10-03-2007, 12:26 AM
Hi Tom, this is very painterly, very appealing. I like the part where you begin to get your feet wet and hear the gurgle of water and smell the sweet pungency of crushed Penny Royal. This makes me feel homesick for youth and home. I am of two minds though about the abrupt shift to such a difference. I am not sure the sudden blue/white/gray combo works, but the spirit is surely there on the left hand side!

La_
10-03-2007, 01:32 AM
almost done ... two little things ... what if, the blue swam a little bit more into the green, or the green/red infringed into the blue more ... see how the blue/green zig zags pretty much right down the middle - i'd widen that zig zag one way or the other ... and one of those trees on the left - i'd let it live a little longer, bring one right up and out of the top of the canvas.
yup yup, that's what i'd do.

la

Ladyred
10-06-2007, 01:39 AM
Neat, I think this painting can hold the viewer's attention for some time. I really find it interesting. Great Job.

toraman
10-06-2007, 09:38 AM
Great painting. I think its done.

John Jaster
10-06-2007, 12:24 PM
I adore this, especially the reds and greens. I see the point about the blues in the swamp but all combined this has a nice eerie feeling to it.

You say you were getting back into it? Well, you're back now baby!

itsajem
10-06-2007, 04:03 PM
Really nice!!!
One thing I might alter is the white grasses center right. They could be thinned out or some shading introduced? but I like it very much as is!

Tusitalo
10-07-2007, 09:17 AM
Thank you all for your comments. La, Itsajem, I agree about the grasses, kinda bothered me to. John, Ladyred I will take your comments to heart and play with it some more.