PDA

View Full Version : need help figuring out a few drawings/prints

christyc82
05-30-2002, 11:38 PM
Tonight while cleaning out my grandmas old house, I ran across a few very old prints she had when she was little. One was dated 1908 and had an artist that I can not identify, and can not make out all of his name. I know the first name starts w/ a F i believe, and the last name is like Remimotor or something or Pemimotor...something along those lines. Its not able to be made out. I have to get pictures of these to post as well. Another one looks like a print of a old charcol drawing. It is signed RI with the I over the R in white. The drawing is of a girl in a room with a spider web looking thing over her, but its very very beautiful. The girl is drawing in the old master style and I fell in love with the drawing. If anyone knows anything about these artists, please please let me know. I'd love to know who did both of these!

paintergirl
06-01-2002, 01:51 PM
Hi Christy'
I have not tracked art before myself, but have been told that there are on-line archives where you might very well be able to send in a scan/picture and an art hisotorian will attempt to find out the artist name/period etc. I would enter keywords into a search engine such as Google, things like art, research ,archive etc and see what it brings up.
Also check out the Sotheby's web site...you may very well find links there as antique art is one of the things they deal with.