PDA

View Full Version : Greenies Weekly September 30-October 6

C_Line
09-30-2007, 09:13 AM
Up and at em early this morning, so thought I'd start for the week. I'm fast and furiously at the count down for my first outdoor art event - next Saturday. Just about have everything ready, I'm just nervously excited. Will be among 130 other artists in the prestigious Utica Square. So, needless to say, I've been somewhat absent minded around the threads lately.

I'm off to fix hubby breakfast! Hope everyone has a great week.

Charlie's Mum
09-30-2007, 09:31 AM
Well after lunch here - and a lovely day for the end of Sept.

Just about to take Charlie out - we got visitors this morning, so everything has been delayed since ... nice reason though!

I guess you'll be a bit scarce this week Celeste - too many things to think about - but I'm sure you'll enjoy next Sat. and then tell us all about it :D

C_Line
09-30-2007, 10:59 AM
I sure will...wish me well.

Fozbot
09-30-2007, 01:14 PM
Celeste, is this an art fair you'll be participating in? i wish you all the best! good weather, good sales...the works.:)

i finally made it to a Meet The Artist event at the gallery last night. last one of the season, too. it was nice to chat with other artists face to face. i don't get to do that much.

C_Line
09-30-2007, 10:03 PM
Billie, it's an outdoor 1 day art show of 130 local artists showing/selling their works. Some actually paint during the event I'm told. I plan to be one of them. Thanks for the best wishes - weather's supposed to be nice.

bayoudragon
09-30-2007, 10:25 PM
Just poppin' in... Good luck, Celeste! :thumbsup:

Anita Murphy
10-02-2007, 09:39 AM
Celeste - having seen your blog I am sure you will do very well at your show! Really nice work!

Hi Billie!!! :wave:

C_Line
10-02-2007, 06:05 PM
Thanks Anita so much for visiting my blog, countdown begins, for sure!

ranunkel
10-03-2007, 11:25 AM
Celeste: I hope you event goes well! I will cross my fingers for you:)

I am not sure I can managed to do the art project his month, to much to do in my botanical art class.

Nothing much going on here, but it's a lovely day the sun has come out and I think I will take a long walk with my dog.

Charlie's Mum
10-03-2007, 03:26 PM
Ah Marianne - we'll miss you if you can't manage this month's project - but I know you're working hard on the Botanical class.

Fozbot
10-04-2007, 05:37 PM
i got the cleaning bug bigtime today so i'm doing all my mini blinds/windows in the livingroom. there's a lot of the them, too..almost floor to ceiling. this bug(mini blind bug)bites about twice a year so i gotta go with it. it's too bad i like a clean house cuz i hate to clean house.:p :evil: the bathroom is next.............

Charlie's Mum
10-04-2007, 05:41 PM
My favourite hate are the windows and glass tables!
I absolutely loathe doing them - and I can hardly see out of our lounge window when the sun shines on it! :lol:

Fozbot
10-05-2007, 05:28 PM
i spent the day outside in the gardens trying to gussy them up. it was kind of depressing as the season is pretty much over and everything is lookin' ratty. last day of sunshine for awhile around here. at least that's what the weather report says.

i planted 3 Peruvian daffodils this past Spring. my first time for trying these. they produced enormous leaves but no blooms. maybe next year? anyhoo, they have to be lifted in the Fall because they won't withstand our cold winters. i lost two. i have no idea where they went.:confused: the one i did find was a nightmare to dig up. i thought for awhile i'd have to hire a backhoe but persistance paid off and i finally wrestled this bulb from the ground. it looked like an onion w/roots headin' to China. i sure don't remember it looking like that when i planted it.

fawnridge-art
10-06-2007, 01:40 AM
Hey Maureen, I thought I was the only one with the added insulation factor due to the dirty windows :lol:, :lol: !
I am in a great mood today! My son is back from Iraq!!! He is stationed in Hawaii, poor boy ;), so we have to wait a couple of weeks to see him, but at least he is back on state soil again. Wheee!!!!!

ranunkel
10-06-2007, 03:47 AM
You are giving me a bad conscience I need to clean my windows, but I would rather draw and paint, so I am going to pay of one of my kid to do LOL.

Kathy glad to hear your son is back from Iraq. My daughter's buy friend is in Iraq now, and two of his friends got killed, so we pray that he will get home safe.

Fozbot
10-06-2007, 01:22 PM
Kathie, thank God he's away from Iraq and in one piece. i can't begin to imagine how good you feel about that. now he's enjoying Hawaii. what could be better...other than having him home with you, of course.:)

fawnridge-art
10-06-2007, 07:25 PM
I know, but at 25, they tend to stay away more and more. Sigh!
Prayers go out to all the other sons and daughters away from their home country!