PDA

View Full Version : Up close & Personal XP Oils

lani noa
09-29-2007, 08:12 PM
This is a 16"x20" Oil on Canvas Board.
I decided to get a painting done for Christmas this year before Christmas! ...so I went for this image since it is very festive and fun, not the typical poinsettia image.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Sep-2007/63271-Poinsettia_Sm.jpg
Close up of the center of the flower. Still can't get the photo to do it justice, oh well. Enjoy!
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Sep-2007/63271-Poinsettia_Sm_Cl.jpg
Any C&C's welcomed ...help me grow!
I haven't decided where to sign it yet since the painting can be hung in either direction ...any suggestions?

ranunkel
09-30-2007, 08:42 AM
Lovely painting and also a nice way to make a Christmas painting.

lani noa
09-30-2007, 02:18 PM
Thank you Renunkel.

I still have the question ...where do I sign this painting? It can be hung in either direction, so do I just ignore it and sign it for just one direction, or do I become creative and hide it in such a place that it doesn't invade the flow ...if so, where?

jeanvrb
09-30-2007, 02:46 PM
Lani,

The photo of your painting looks wonderful to me. Don't see how justice is not being met. About signing - I took a piece of paper, signed at a 45 degree angle on the lower left corner. Then turned counter clockwise, which placed it on the lower right corner, readable either way. Then did another sample signing on the right corner angle and turned clockwise which placed it on the left corner. It works either way depending on which way you want to turn the painting.

Your colors are very beautiful and you really did some unusual and beautiful things with that center.

Jeanette

Selahs art
09-30-2007, 03:24 PM
Stunning.

Retha

Charlie's Mum
09-30-2007, 04:47 PM
Misty, what a lovely painting - the colours are delicious!
I'd love to have this ........ my loss that it's a gift for another! *sigh*

'Tis really beautiful - :D

Artistammy
09-30-2007, 06:45 PM
This is great! I like the idea of signing on an angle so it could be hung either way.
Tammy

debsn2paintn
10-01-2007, 12:19 AM
Oh I REALLY like these....so beautiful!

lani noa
10-01-2007, 07:25 PM
Really good idea about signing on the diagnal, I will certainly play around with that, thank you Jeanette.

I appreciate all your wonderful comments.

Maureen, if you really like it, we should talk :).

Charlie's Mum
10-01-2007, 10:39 PM
Oh I really like it ........ but, unfortunately, no space!!! My better half would have a fit if I suggested buying any more paintings - until I create some space by selling some! :lol: :lol:

Good luck though :D

lani noa
10-02-2007, 02:25 PM
Maureen, Kind of figured that would be the case ...but I'm glad you like it. Thanks!