PDA

View Full Version : The Lady of Portsmouth

TheLymner
05-30-2002, 01:29 PM
I am new on this Web Site, and thought that I would share this acrylic painting with you.

This portrait of my mother, Georgia L. Haislet, was done from life and a photograph taken during the time of my father's last illness. She lived most of her life in Portsmouth, Ohio. One of the last "Grand Dames" she was a frail, tiny thing, who used a cane to get around. Of course, this limited her walks around town each day, when the weather permitted, to not more than six miles. Of course, she dressed just so, everyday.

She passed away on November 30, 2001, in Cleveland Ohio.

The portrait is painted in an impressionistic manner on a Fredrick course canvas.

http://www.thelymner.com/lymner/images/GeorgiaAB.jpg

Jakeally
05-30-2002, 03:25 PM
What a wonderful portrait Lymner.
She looks like a very gutsy and fit lady.. I bet you miss her a lot

orchidlover6
05-30-2002, 04:59 PM
welcome to wetcanvas. wonderful painting of your mother.

mf.sutton
05-30-2002, 06:02 PM
Welcome to wetcanvas my friend, this is a remarkable portrait of someone who appears to have been a remarkable lady, losing a mother is very difficult, but having this enduring image of her must help. I look forward to seeing more of your work - mike:clap:

artbabe21
05-30-2002, 06:57 PM
Welcome Lymner to WC, and thanks so much for sharing this portrait of your beautiful mother. She looks like someone I would have liked to have known. I love the phrase you mentioned, she 'dressed just so'. I relate to that as my 82 year old mom does that. It's something she won't give up and thinks jeans are for farmers!!!! I happen to live in them!

Your work is excellent, btw!
Cathleen~;)

KarenU
05-30-2002, 09:42 PM
Welcome to Wet Canvas Lymner! The portrait of your mother is just wondeful. Thanks for sharing it!

donsha
05-30-2002, 10:50 PM
Welcome to wetcanvas, the portrait of your mother is just great. She gives the impression of someone who loved life and looks very spry. I hope you will show us more of your work.

Sharon

Adella
05-31-2002, 01:41 AM
That is an amazing portrait.
She seems to be remembering something.
she also seems very strong...like she's been through so much.
This piece touches.

Love it!

Adella