PDA

View Full Version : Virgin

marcopicos
09-28-2007, 12:45 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/09-28-2007/95827_virgenfinal.JPG

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Virgin
Year Created: 2007
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 33x45
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Virgen de Fatima

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Anything

Grunge
09-28-2007, 04:10 PM
The heart is so well done that it is really standing in three dimension. Lovely! I notice a nice repitition of shape between the heart and the face. Two egg shapes. Now considering that the face and the heart mimic each other's shape, my eye wants the light and shadow to have a balance between them. on the heart the highlight is near the top, and a darker shadow is at the bottom...on the face the chin is lighter than the forehead. At her collar the light seems to radiate from her flesh....from within. Very interesting. I like this. I do, however, feel like the bottom half of the painting appears to be more finished. It has a polish to it. beautiful colours, (I love the green with the purple) lovely play of light and shadow. I would try to work the upper half to bring it up to this level.

marcopicos
09-28-2007, 05:27 PM
Thanks!!!

I am agree. The heart is very real, like a very realistic painting. But the face is just a painting of a face. I think that the problem is the colour. The shadow in the red colour is much stronger than in the yellow (the face is yellow with some orange). The heart seems more solid because the strong difference between the bright side and the dark one.

I didn't realize that the face and the heart are simliar in its form!! :)

Could someone tell me if my colour "theory" is correct?? I think that the heart works well becouse of the red colour.

thomas w
09-29-2007, 08:56 AM
The heart and the lower left sleeve are done very well. The colors making up the heart all work towards its realism. I think if you spent a little more time on this it would be excellent. This quite a change from your normal style and subject matter, and it's very well done.
Thomas W

Ronni
09-29-2007, 12:32 PM
I always had a faith in your talent, now everyone can see I was right. your need to rebel and be extreem shows in the sharp nose and chin. A special painting.
Ronni

Slurps
09-29-2007, 12:58 PM
There's a ton of spirit in this painting, all good. I'm not liking the angular face much, looks too much like a guy from a classical sense, but so be it, that's an artistic choice. I love the unique light source, much more revelatory. A striking picture, overall. Must have been either a very draining experience painting this, or one that elated you. Maybe both, which would make it magical.