PDA

View Full Version : cherry-tomato

alhagi
09-28-2007, 04:29 AM
Good morning everybody:)
I am an experienced gardener but in drawing making my first steps;)
Here is one of my OPs. Please tell me what mistakes I have made and if it is possible to correct them. Thanks.
Have a nice day:wave:
Elena

debsn2paintn
09-28-2007, 06:12 PM
Is this colored pencil?

LJW
09-28-2007, 08:41 PM
Very nice Elena. Looks just like some of our Sweet Million tomatoes. Don't forget to cross-post this in the Oil Pastel forum so we get to see it there. Jane

alhagi
09-29-2007, 02:30 AM
Sorry, Deb,
J forgot to mention that I used oil pastels Sennelier on a dark green paper 9 x 12.
Thank you, Jane, nice to see you here as well :wave:
Elena

ranunkel
09-30-2007, 09:06 AM
You got some lovely tomatoes, and I love how you managed to show the leaves are in different perspective.

To improve you might try to darken the deepest shadows a bit.

I only worked in oil pastels a few times so I am not much help on that subject.

Gilberte
09-30-2007, 02:03 PM
Never tried OP but it looks allright to me, like an embroidery ... more or less.

jeanvrb
09-30-2007, 03:03 PM
Very good OP painting. I think it wouldn't hurt if you add a hint of a few more leaves behind and more distant than the close leaves. I grew Sweet One Hundred cherry tomatoes this year and I had to push the leaves apart to find the tomatoes. I counted the amount in a bowl, then measured each time I picked. I picked more than 4,000 tiny, deliciously sweet tomatoes before they stopped.

Jeanette

Charlie's Mum
09-30-2007, 04:45 PM
Welcome to the forum!
The image is rather small, so may I suggest that you use the Uploader under Quick Links (second blue bar above, right side ) - it shows up much more clearly than using the attachment:D
I like the colours you've chosen and the pattern of the composition looks good :D

Fozbot
09-30-2007, 05:57 PM
alhagi, i also garden and your tomatos look soooo edible. i'm not experienced with oil pastels but this looks good to me!