PDA

View Full Version : from the garden

artsiejude
09-26-2007, 11:47 AM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/09-26-2007/116253_From_the_Garden1.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: from the garden
Year Created: 2007
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 16 X 20
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
I love flowers, and am fascinated with their colors.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Any critiques or comments welcome.

GavinD
09-26-2007, 04:38 PM
I'm not a big fan of flowers, but I appreciate the skill, effort and patience it must take to do something like this. Good job.

Gavin.

eyecandy2
09-26-2007, 05:13 PM
You did a wonderful job with the flowers, but you lose them to the dark background. It makes the painting too dark and forboding.

Dana Design
09-26-2007, 05:27 PM
Wonderful work on the flowers but you need to 'lose' some of the edges into the background.

That is my preference only. Should you like this as it is, it's still a very nice painting!

Corby
09-26-2007, 06:54 PM
ahhh! There are many nice things to be said about this! The container is very original and appropriate for the flowers used, and it works nicely with the background. The copper band is a nice accent. The flowers are not only beautiful, but one can tell what kind they are. That is an absolute must if you are going to please the flower lovers who buy or enjoy art. Composition wise it is very centered and balanced. That is a bit static, but then for florals it works well. My only real caution would be as Dana said. Lose some of those edges into the background. That will set your arrangement solidly in its place and give more depth. As it is it looks like a sticker applied to a gray background. That comes of having all hard edges. Flowers in the back, flowers in the front where their edges turn toward the back, backside petals and back sides of leaves...soften their back edges. Those edges will "run" into the background whereas the harder edges on the front side will "jump" at you. The result being a three dimensional looking item. A very lovely painting!

RACHEL52
09-26-2007, 08:09 PM
hi , i just want to say that i love your painting ,it looks so real and you could almost smell the flowers . rachel

obxbear
09-26-2007, 08:32 PM
Forget what the others except RACHEL52 said, Superb, speaking from a landscapers point of view, I absolutely love it,....... Love flowers, but next time, Don't pick them, please........

artsiejude
09-26-2007, 09:38 PM
This being my third painting I have ever done, and my first composition, I thank all of you for your very constructive critisism. It is very hard to let someone see my artwork. Now I know I will work harder at it. Thank you!

solonite
09-27-2007, 07:05 AM
I love this painting. The only thing I see is the vase to me seems to not feel anchored to a table but feels a little floaty to me. However the rest is great. I understand how hard it is to let people see your work-I do not have one of my own paintings hanging in our home! Others do!

D.W. Flint
10-06-2007, 05:14 PM
I too think this is a beautiful painting. You're a good sport in accepting the critiques. We can all learn from them. I know I do....:thumbsup: