PDA

View Full Version : PUERTA

Juan Carlos Cordero
09-26-2007, 11:40 AM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/09-26-2007/102456_juancordero-44.JPG

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: PUERTA
Year Created: 2007
Medium: Pencil
Surface: Paper
Dimension: 8 X 11
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Hello to all!<br><br>This it is my new drawing, I did it yesterday, I hope that they like.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Comment welcome.

Corby
09-26-2007, 07:29 PM
well drawn, beautiful young woman. One ( the uninitiated?) wonders why the symbols of Satan and death.

obxbear
09-26-2007, 08:30 PM
My sentiments exactly, Why....? Otherwise, super job...... I think I would lose the lip piercing and it would look great, just my opinion....

Katubus
09-27-2007, 09:13 AM
This is really interesting, albeit unusual subject matter. I think you did a good job, though if it were me, I would add a little shading around the nose and lip piercings (especially the bottom ball on the lip), to lessen the floating effect they have taken on.

Being a formerly pierced person, I don't find them distracting but I can see how others may be put off by them. I think, depending on your desired audience, they may prevent people from seeing the whole drawing though.

Slurps
09-27-2007, 10:05 AM
Your drawing skills are self-evident. It's sometimes a good sign when subject matter evokes an uncomfortable response. I'm not sure whether I'd like this better if the symbolism were a bit more understated, but I can still appreciate the siren-like aspects.
Minor critique: the nose seems to be shoved toward the left side of her face (the viewer's right), and the stuff on her upper chest is giving me a feeling of hairiness. I don't care how many piercings she has, but the hairy chest thing is a bit unsettling.
This actually looks like the type of art you see on motorcycle gas tanks. Trust me, that's not a bad thing. There are some very talented artists doing that type of work, and if it gets the art out there for many to see, I'm all for it.

Very nice drawing, overall.

obxbear
09-27-2007, 11:08 AM
I hope I didn't come across wrong when I stated that I would lose the lip piercing, I am not turned off or don't like piercings, it just didn't look right on this particular drawing, possibly due to the shading or floating effect as mentioned... to me in this drawing it just looks "out of place" so to speak... Sorry if I may have offended anyone with my previous post.... I like tattoos and piercings...

oesdad
09-27-2007, 12:23 PM
Very pretty work. This would be a great pen and ink. I like the lip piercing. The clean lines are refreshing. Thanks for sharing.

-Brian

angela
09-27-2007, 12:56 PM
This is awesome Juan! Is it about what this girl believes in? Its very evocative work.

Juan Carlos Cordero
09-27-2007, 04:10 PM
Thank you for your commentaries!

She was apprentice of drawing, she was coming to my house every Wednesday, because she wanted to learn to draw...

I have very much fondness, because she is a very sweet girl ... though she wants to seem to be very aggressive, because of she wanted a tattoo of a cranium with wings.

I wants that this drawing shows her personality, her youth, her innocence, her beauty ... Although of everything on what she puts above to look like another person.

My drawing its not satanic, either likes to draw famous people (Bratt Pitt, Anjoline Jolie for example) ... she is one persnas real, single people sees its external appearance... I wanted to draw its glance... her eyes.

The opened door symbolizes that she left without notice, she went away without saying goodbye ... and I do not believe that she returns...

I do not believe that she sees her portrait ever...

angela: You are right... what she matters to me is what has inside of its heart.

obxbear: It if she has those earrings in his face... the others has it in her mind.

CorvusKorax: She is a symbol of young people.

Thom Byrd
09-28-2007, 12:15 AM
:thumbsup: :clap:
sometimes when they wish to fly...all you can do ..is hope they watch their wings ...when the they get close back to the ground...
i visited your blog...:thumbsup: you are most excellent in many mediums:clap: :clap: :clap: i really liked your style and technique...

psychotron62
09-28-2007, 01:38 AM
There is two different kinds of artists to me. There are those who wish to please the viewer with their images and those like us who like to disturb people and make them wonder, I do not think there is anything wrong with any of those two, the only thing that's bad is when a piece makes one feel nothing. I really like it.

Juan Carlos Cordero
10-01-2007, 12:53 PM
Thanks for its commentaries!

I make my drawings for my... I do not make it to please to others; but I am glad if these drawings please to the other people.

Thom Byrd: Thanks to visit my blog, I hope that my work it likes.

psychotron62: Thanks! you can say to me that type of artist I am. In 2002 I visited Coral Spring, reason why I have good friends there and I think that it is a wonderful place.

tonyjazz
10-01-2007, 11:31 PM
Juan: As always your work is just unbelievable! An artist and a pencil. WOW! The symbolism is very dramatic, you chose to display them as feelings. If you look at the masters paintings one would always find symbolism hidden almost, subliminally, in their paintings. Very impressive work Juan, I'm sorry she will never see it...........tremendo...........tj