GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: RoSeS 4 YoU!
Year Created: 2007
Medium: Acrylic
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 30 by 24
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Could not resist painting this arrangement ...

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
hi all i am posting a painting on the forum after a real long time ... do tell me what yall think of this one ...i wanna know the good ,bad and the ugly:)

Andi Rebirth
09-26-2007, 08:28 AM
I really love the flowers. I think somehow I keep looking at the blue fabric, it draws my eye. Maybe you could mimic that color in the background? Bring the eye toward the flowers with blue in the background? Just my MHO, otherwise, I love it. Great roses. I love that color of rose.

Corby
09-26-2007, 07:32 PM
The reason that the blue fabric so draws the eye is that it is the compliment color for the orange roses. The pink does not enhance the roses as well. It might be a good idea to start graying that pink down until it starts taking on a lavender blue tone. I would love to have a bouquet like that!

billmahler
09-26-2007, 08:49 PM
Given the shadow, the light seems to be coming from my upper right, yet the light values in the blooms on my left don't seem much darker than the lights in those on my right.

You darkened the foliage on that side. Maybe darkening the blooms somewhat would add to the shape of the bouquet.