PDA

View Full Version : Little Red Flower (x-post in cp)

ams
09-25-2007, 08:29 PM
This was just a quickie on dura-lar matte drafting film. I wanted to try working small.

On this one, I intensified the red from the back and the shadows with 90% french gray.

I signed it on the front but it didn't show up very well so I traced the signature backwards on the back with black to make it clearer.

Anne

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Sep-2007/7993-Little_Red_Flower_ATC.jpg

jeanvrb
09-25-2007, 08:41 PM
Very nice, Anne. So, is the drafting film transparent? Neat idea about making the signature show, and actually that answers my question. It would be transparent for the sig to show through, would it not?

Jeanette

ams
09-25-2007, 08:59 PM
Thanks Jeanette.

The film is nearly transparent, probably translucent is a better description. It looks frosted. As you can see, it is transparent enough for work you do on the back to be seen on the front. I can't write the title and date on the back like I usually do. ;)

Anne

Artist_by_Accident
09-26-2007, 05:28 AM
It is very nice! When you say "quickie", what kind of time are you talking about? Also, I've wondered if the different pencil brands were more intense in color than others. Do specific colors work better than others?

I'm enjoying all of your experiments with the film, keep 'em coming!

ABA

ams
09-26-2007, 04:41 PM
I probably worked a couple of hours. It's hard to tell because I pick it up for a little while, then put it down.

I don't know how different brands of pencils work on it since I have only used prismacolors.

I have found that some colors work better than others. The very light colors don't show up very much. I have also found that the "creaminess" varies from color to color. Blues and reds seem to go on very nicely, greens not quite as well.

Anne