PDA

View Full Version : B4tv

TONY CUBAN
09-24-2007, 07:59 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/09-24-2007/43983_P5200017_0017.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: B4TV
Year Created: 2005
Medium: Acrylic
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 18
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
I like to paint and draw using wit and humor, my paintings are very cartoonish.This is one that reminded me of the times I spent at the local theater, which is rapidly disappearing, only to be replaced by the multi-screened mall theaters.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Do you think there is any demand for this type of art, or will it just please the painter?

Spyderbabe
09-24-2007, 09:44 PM
It made me laugh!

kathrynlovespets
09-24-2007, 10:49 PM
haha funny idea!!

Corby
09-25-2007, 12:15 AM
Hi Anthony! I think works of this type are at the very least important as personal statements that we may or may not share with others. I myself have a whole series of comic strips I have never shown about a dysfunctional family of ravens. The point is these types of works are references as to who we are as personalities. That will always be important to family and friends. And then too think of Norman Rockwell...he did essentially what you are doing. I can only hope his success is catching! This painting brings back all of my childhood memories of the Princess Theater in Del Norte Colorado. For 35 cents every weekend I could get in and see a double feature and have a candy bar as well.. thanks for sharing...even my cat likes it.

Ronni
09-25-2007, 06:48 AM
It is lovely! I think you should make books for children, a great story i am sure your immagination can create.

Bevahlee
09-25-2007, 09:06 AM
Good design, full of drama and humor. Cartoonish yes, but intended. Good job. I like it.