PDA

View Full Version : Greenie's Weekly Sept 23 - 29

Lady Carol
09-23-2007, 08:10 AM
Good morning everyone. Another new week to chat. There is hot coffee and carrot cake on the table.

Charlie's Mum
09-23-2007, 11:38 AM
Aw shucks, don't like carrot cake - but I'll bring some Ginger cake - which you don't like! :lol:
Busy on my project - drawing away - but it's not coming out the way I envisaged! LOL - back to the grindstone!

Fozbot
09-23-2007, 12:17 PM
well, i love carrot cake, Carol...if it's got cream cheese frosting on it anyway.:)

Lady Carol
09-23-2007, 01:16 PM
Heh heh heh, Maureen. Carrot cake is my favourite. I have the best recipe for it as well.

Yes Billie, it does have that cream cheese frosting on it.

Fozbot
09-23-2007, 02:03 PM
Carol, have you ever tried the carrot cake recipe with pineapple in it? it's fantastic!

fawnridge-art
09-23-2007, 02:21 PM
OHHH! I love carrot cake with cream cheese..... Hey does the ginger cake have hot orange sauce? Maybe a slice of both!? :p
(Great, now I AM hungry!)

Started a magnolia yesterday. Didn't take scans of progress but may still post when through. (Had computer off due to lightning all afternoon, evening!) :crying: :p

Lady Carol
09-23-2007, 04:46 PM
Billie, in Australia yes. Their carrot cakes that you buy have pineapple in it. The recipe I have from around the USA doesn't. I am not sure if I really like the pineapple or not. It has been a long time since I had it with pineapple.

P.S. Aussies put pineapple in a heck of a lot of things :D

ranunkel
09-24-2007, 08:59 AM
"Yum yum" carrot cake
Hope I am not to late!

I will have to upload my Art Nouveau project to day.
I wont be home the next 4 days, we are of to work on our cottage.

Or do you want me to wait until I am back?

I got my digi camera back from repair and I got a tripod from my sister, so I am going to take some flower photos while I am away.

See you all next weekend:wave:

Charlie's Mum
09-27-2007, 09:20 AM
My, we are a quiet bunch! Wonder if we're all painting?

I've been delighted with the Plant Parade Inaugural Project!!!!! - now to get the thinking cap on for the next one :eek:

Medical appointments today for both hubby and myself - so in and out most of the day.
The weather's horrid - and v. cold ....... time to put summer clothes away I fear - :crying:
Hope it's a bit better where you are Marianne - we're getting a cold N.Easterly blowing in!

Fozbot
09-27-2007, 01:29 PM
we're having a stellar Fall! mostly sunny days, warmer than normal temps. very out of character for these parts. i just wish it could last all winter. Heck! why not skip winter altogether?!:D

p.s. and yes...i'm painting. i'm doing the last cat in a series i've been fooling around with for more than a month. one eye is giving me fits right now. the cat's eye, not mine.

Anita Murphy
09-30-2007, 04:43 AM
Billie introduced me to this forum - not sure how I missed it before, but anyway here I am. Might even persuade me to paint a flower or two! Actually it was the carrot cake that clinched it - may I have a slice please?????