PDA

View Full Version : Mountain Cabin

NativeAmericanArt
09-21-2007, 12:29 PM
This is an acrylic painting that I did recently. I would like to have some comments and critiques about it. Thanks for looking!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Sep-2007/111670-DSC01816.JPG

The digital camera has made the painting appear lighter than it is.

Lois

dreamz
09-21-2007, 12:44 PM
Hi Lois! I always have difficulty getting accurate digital pics to the point where an all purples piece looks blue.

As for your painting, I really like your sky and the way you did the forground, the size makes it a little difficult to really see what you have there but it works.
The only thing I really question is how the smoke from the chimney blends with the rocks in the background but that may be the photo or the size

jan409
09-21-2007, 12:46 PM
Very nice. Jan

LavenderFrost
09-21-2007, 01:05 PM
You have created a really beautiful scene. But something seems off with the cabin. Above the door on the right it looks like we can see the left side of the little roof. The roof should be showing on the right.

NativeAmericanArt
09-21-2007, 07:56 PM
dreamz, I thought the size of the image can't be any larger than 500x600 pixels, and that is what this is. I could get a close-up of a certain area, if that would help. I'm glad you like the sky in this.

Jan and Michelle, thank you for your nice comments.

Michelle, you know, I never noticed that "mistake" on the cabin....thanks for pointing that out. I'll have to remember that on the next one.

Lois

dreamz
09-22-2007, 03:16 AM
Lois, That is the largest we can use/see on here, its a small price to pay for the oppurtunity to use this site but sometimes it's aggravating

NativeAmericanArt
09-22-2007, 12:48 PM
I noticed that Larry Sieler posted a very large image on the landscape forum. Are the guidelines different for each forum, or for the guides and moderators? I was just wondering about that since I am new to Wet Canvas.

Lois

LavenderFrost
09-24-2007, 02:53 PM
I have noticed some very large images, but I don't know how they do that. Perhaps they are linking instead of uploading.