PDA

View Full Version : if you stretch your own

idylbrush
09-20-2007, 10:32 PM
There is an article about some new ideas to stretch canvas in this latest edition of Just Paint Newsletter from Golden Paints.

Worth a quick read.

http://www.goldenpaints.com/justpaint/index.php

1100ww
09-21-2007, 03:27 AM
Thanks for posting this. It is very interesting. The article kept referring to example pics, but I didn't see any pics, which would be really helpful. Was I missing something?

idylbrush
09-21-2007, 04:42 AM
Thanks for posting this. It is very interesting. The article kept referring to example pics, but I didn't see any pics, which would be really helpful. Was I missing something?

You may wish to download the pdf file. It has images to correspond with the described process. At least that is what I did. Be careful as there are files with graphics and files without.

Bill_E
09-21-2007, 02:19 PM
Thanks Howard. It's an interesting method, but it does seem to be time consuming. I may give it a try the next time I stretch one. I do wonder what other 'stretchers' think about it.

Wojdo
09-21-2007, 08:15 PM
Interesting article, I strech my own but I don't strectch it the traditional way either.
I was a carpet installer for 10 years so I kind of stretch the canvas the same way.
I tack a corner then stretch to the other corner tight, then just tack the end without stretching then stretch to opposite side then tack one side stretching lightly then stretch hard opposite direction, done.

But then again if were talking about acrylics they shouldn't crack because of restretching down the road anyway right?