PDA

View Full Version : 17 cabinets with flowers

Becktoria
09-20-2007, 12:23 AM
Deb is my fellow guide from over in the DA forum and I just spent a lot of time here looking at everyones beautiful work after I came to see her tulip WIP.

This was painted on black cabinets...there were 17 pieces and not one was the same. The inspiration is from the clients bedspread.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Sep-2007/45742-photo_3.jpg

debsn2paintn
09-20-2007, 12:26 AM
Hi Becky :wave:
Let me be the first to welcome you :clap:

Boy that's a lot of flowers to paint on all those cabinets, they are really beautiful. I really like the colors! Your mural work is always really beautiful. Was painting on black a challenge?

C_Line
09-20-2007, 06:27 AM
These are vibrant and lovely. Welcome to our new forum!

painterbear
09-20-2007, 06:46 AM
Hi Becky,
This really sounds like an interesting project. Seeing one of your paintings is lovely, I can only imagine what seeing all 17 cabinets would be like. Is the person going to use all 17 cabinets together?

What medium did you use for these lovely flowers?

Sylvia

Terry Wynn
09-20-2007, 10:50 AM
Hi, Becky,

This is gorgeous. Did you post more showing the cabinets over in the DA forum? Would love to pop over and see them.

Terry

Charlie's Mum
09-20-2007, 11:07 AM
That's lovely Becky - I'd rather like a cabinet like this! :lol:
Now you've come here, I hope you'll stay!

Becktoria
09-20-2007, 04:07 PM
Thank you everyone for the wwrm welcome! I love flowers and while I have no time, being a muralist, to paint on canvas, I sure do a lot of whimsical flowers on walls!

Yes, it was just so hard painting on cabinets for two weeks...sitting in my jammies, drinking coffee with no makeup on...listening to talk TV. http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Sep-2007/45742-smilie_with_cup_of_coffee.gif

I have lots of the photos but they are "hard copies" before I bought my digital. In fact, that photo looks blurry as it was scanned. The cabinets were used in a master bed room and adjoining bathroom. I will try to get a digital cd made soon so I can share more. There was a hope chest and the rest were all cupboards.

It really was quite fun! I never saw the completed look because they had this at their summer home.

I used acrylic paints (golden, liquitex and even some Delta craft paints)

SunsetSue
09-20-2007, 06:09 PM
Welcome to the forum Becky. Wow those cabinets will be fantastic. Well done.

ranunkel
09-20-2007, 07:01 PM
Hi Becky

I enjoyed visiting you web side.
I am restoring an old summer cottage, and when we removed some old wall paper I found many wall decorations that had been painted directly on the walls when the house was build. I saved some of the old decoration to frame it and I have even though about making some new in the same style in the kitchen.

Becktoria
09-25-2007, 01:10 AM
Thank you Sue and Marianne.
I would love to restore a cottage...lucky you!!!

jeanvrb
09-27-2007, 09:04 PM
Well, fancy seeing you over here Becky. I was wondering when you would post some flowers in this forum. I don't recall seeing your 17 cabinets before. This one is lovely.

Jeanette