PDA

View Full Version : Heart of the West

Lynxes123
09-19-2007, 08:11 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Sep-2007/21044-Heart_of_the_West_bd_gift_to_Cheri_07.jpg

:wave: Hi, this one is acrylics on a 6 x 6 inch stretched canvas and was a birthday present for a friend who lives out west in Colorado. Diane said this forum would be a good place to share this. :p I didn't intend at first for it to look humorous but it sure turned out that way and someone nick-named this one 'Clint East Wood' LOL! (Cross-posted from the ab/con forum)
I lived out in Wyoming for 3 years and the scenery out west is so breathtaking and inspiring, would love to see it again!

Diane Cutter
09-19-2007, 09:14 PM
It's delightful, Lynnie... Thanks for posting it here. I chuckle every time I see it, kind of an organic stereotype Western look. I love the 'Clint East Wood'. :rolleyes: Have you given it to your friend yet? I'd be interested in the reaction!

Diane

Lynxes123
09-19-2007, 09:30 PM
Thanks Diane. :wave: Yes, Ladywolf1 (Cheri) mentioned that she recieved it in the ab/con thread where I first posted this one. We were kind of talking in code there LOL. Her birthday is this Friday. The funny thing is, at first I was trying to paint a tunnel through the tree like the one I saw at Mt. Rushmore many years ago but it ended up looking like legs! :lol:

Ranger Dan
09-20-2007, 12:03 AM
not just legs, but bow-legged. I can almost picture a giant horse under it.

Lynxes123
09-20-2007, 01:46 AM
Ranger Dan, that's a great idea and wish I had thought of that LOL! :lol: my husband smiled and said the tree was bow-legged too! :lol:

sassybird
09-25-2007, 01:04 PM
LOL This is some tree:D I love the way you did the limbs and those legs are great.