PDA

View Full Version : Funky Fiddleheads +

chaffee
09-17-2007, 11:43 AM
Hi folks,

I've been around WC! for a few years but have never posted to this forum. I've been here looking a lot, though, and I feel like I know most of you and your tremendous work. Lately I've been bitten by the stippling bug and having great fun with it. My style is sometimes realistic, sometimes abstract, sometimes a mish-mash.
Anyway here are a few of my attempts at stippling. The fiddleheads were total Micron, the other two are Micron with Prismacolor pencils for the coloring.
All are on 9X12 Bristol Vellum paper.

Hope you enjoy and please feel free to C&C

Tim

Ranger Dan
09-17-2007, 01:09 PM
Nice work Tim. Always room for another stippler around here. Interesting pieces and nice use of color, too!

MonicaB
09-17-2007, 02:53 PM
Hey Tim, welcome out of lurkdom! These are wonderful, and I'm so glad you posted them. I love that third one with the purple twisty bits to the stem.

daka
09-17-2007, 03:08 PM
i like these. D

lady-j
09-18-2007, 09:08 AM
These are very nice! I like the addition of the colored pencil. I'll have to try that sometime. Love that purple!

Jess

chaffee
09-18-2007, 10:55 AM
Hi people, thanks for the encouraging comments.
Here are a couple more of my beginnings. Much bigger and much more on the realistic side.
These are both done on a half sheet of Stonehenge paper; the Trillium is on cream and the Magnolia bud is on grey. Both done with Microns.
I'm more pleased with the Magnolia bud than the Trillium. The shading on the leaf of the Trillium to the viewers' right isn't as convincing as I'd like.
Because of their size, I had to photograph them so the quality is a little washed. I'm wondering if I could bring the larger pieces to a chain store printer and have them scanned to a disk? Has anyone done this?, if so, is it very costly?

Thanks for looking and Ill take any pointers or crits you'd care to offer.
Tim

Jakeally
09-18-2007, 11:48 AM
Absolutely gorgeous. Wonderful stippling ... you have really injected life into these wonderful plants. You can almost feel them growing:clap: :clap:

sassybird
09-18-2007, 01:47 PM
It is nice to have you join us, Tim. These are wonderful drawings. I love the abstract quality you have snuck in on the first 3, and the last two should be x-posted over in Botantical forum. They will much appreciate them over there.

chaffee
09-18-2007, 03:35 PM
Thank you Chris, Charissa!
(I just Xposted over to Botanicals, thanks)

Tim

DBSullivan
09-19-2007, 02:57 AM
Hi Tim :wave: Welcome to the forum!

These are all really nice. Of the first three, I like the purple knot the best! :thumbsup: And the other two show that you are certainly capable of realism. You have really good control and that's the key to inking. I hope to see you posting some more work!

chaffee
09-20-2007, 09:41 PM
Thanks Dave. I'll definitely have some more stuff in the future.

Tim