PDA

View Full Version : The Oil Gusher Sept. 17 - Sept. 23

Pat Isaac
09-17-2007, 08:00 AM
Good morning everyone,

Nice cool morning...but will warm up during the day. The much needed rain we received last week has turned the grass green again in many places. The weekend art stroll and demo went very well even though it rained on Saturday. We are having company for dinner so I have to get crackin' and so a little house cleaning today....

So come in and share your joys, concerns...or just the day to day routine and lets get aquainted.

Have a great day:) :) :)

Pat

LJW
09-17-2007, 09:20 AM
My, you sure are busy these days, Pat. We are supposed to have four sunny days in the 70's so I'll be out soaking up the sun. Jane

Pat Isaac
09-17-2007, 09:58 AM
Nice fall days here also. I did soak up some sun yesterday and maybe later this week as it gets warmer.
Enjoy the day.

Pat

bnoonan
09-17-2007, 01:12 PM
Pat - how do we hear more about the art stroll? Photos?

B

Pat Isaac
09-17-2007, 03:43 PM
Hi Barb,
The Plymouth Guild has a juried show every year at this time and last year they incorporated and art stroll into it for the opening weekend. About 50 artists participated this year and were located at different merchants along the main street. The idea is for the artists to demonstrate and to display some of their work. We were all there on Saturday, but not many people strolling as it rained most of the day. Fortunately I was able to be inside the place I was assigned to and a few people came in. Yesterday was a beautiful day and there were lots of people strolling. I only have a picture of my set up as I couldn't leave my stuff.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Sep-2007/35760-plymouth_art_stroll.JPG
It was fun and I may sign up again next year.
BTW, Barb, my daughter is fine.....no chemo....it was caught early.

Pat

AngelaF
09-21-2007, 08:41 AM
Good for you, Pat. Admist everything, I think it is wonderful you devoted two days to the art stroll. I can't imagine working in front of people at this point. Your boat painting looks great in the photo.

I am really glad your daughter doesn't have to do any cemo.

I am still driving myself crazy with the redo -- I think the floor man ran off with my money. He never called me back. I cannot file a small claims without an address. I am still considering my options on flooring -- not much fun now. Hate to be a doom and gloom poster -- so I'll say with a chuckle, that I moved my washer and dryer a week ago to paint the small first floor laudry room. A hose inside became disconnected -- and the washer flooded the hallway and into the basement with next use -- now that things are drying out -- could have been worse. Well some carpet got pulled up lickety split -- LOL. Sometimes it feels I can't win for losing.

Going to keep working on the redo as I said last week. Except for web reading -- not much art happening here yet.

Wishing you all well, Angela

Pat Isaac
09-21-2007, 04:18 PM
Thanks, Angela. I posted the boats in another thread.

I'm so sorry to hear of all your problems with the redo. It is nice that you are keeping a positive attitude. Is there no way to get an address?

I am still not getting email notifications.....it's a pain.....but they are working on it.

Pat

LJW
09-21-2007, 04:48 PM
Angela, I'm so sorry to hear of your ongoing reno problems. We have a TV program here, produced in Toronto by Mike Holmes, that details exactly the sort of thing you're going through. He feels that about 10% of renovators really know what they are doing and are fully trustworthy. He figures maybe another 20% are OK. That leaves 70% who he feels should not be in the business. Those are frightening figures. It makes it really iffy to hire people, but when you want or need to get work done, what can you do? I sure hope there is someway to get your money back. And then to have your washer leak! How frustrating. It does sometimes seem hard to make forward progress. We had some work done on our porch and garage roof that was supposed to fix some leaking, but it didn't work. The guy went bankrupt after, so there's no way to get him to make good on the work. So I sympathize. Jane

AngelaF
09-22-2007, 07:09 PM
Thanks Pat, Jane. I am so sorry to hear about your fix it problems Jane. Well, with the figures your gave, I guess, one is lucky to get someone who does it right. I went to Lowes and the way home from mom's today and ordered a measure for laminate flooring. I have been considering laying down flooring myself and have gone to some other flooring stores. But probably going with a laminate and probably having it installed that Consumer Reports rated very highly and getting some no payment for 12 months financing from Lowes -- so hopefully I can truly get this off the priority list sometime real soon.

How long ago was your boat post, Pat? I will look for it. Hope you both are having a great weekend. Angela

AnnieA
09-24-2007, 01:45 AM
Angela: Sounds like your floor is a nightmare but glad to hear you're soldiering through it all. You're close to being finished now...just one more push. Hang in there!

Pat: So good to hear that your daughter is doing well. You had a great spirit all the way through, but I'm sure it must have been scary. I commented briefly on the boats in the other thread. Are you spending a lot of time getting settled in your new studio too? I notice you've been somewhat scarce. I hope everything is going well. But I guess you deserve a little time off from from WC too, as you were manning the forum all alone for a long time there, and now you have Jane to share some of it with.

Didn't you just recently get a new computer? I wonder if that's related to your email problems...