PDA

View Full Version : Greenie's Weekly Sept 16-22

Lady Carol
09-16-2007, 08:06 AM
Good morning everyone. Another new week to chat. Coffee is on and there are chocolate chip cookies on the table.

Charlie's Mum
09-16-2007, 12:14 PM
Just popped in for coffee - smells so good! :D

Sorry to have been missing most of this past week - will try to more diligent in the forum ........ it's just that with the good weather we had, the garden came first!

Today, it's much cooler and windy, occasional rain - not nice at all - and I still have so much work out there to do :eek:

Think I'll go bake a cake!

Bye for now :wave:

debsn2paintn
09-16-2007, 12:45 PM
Good morning! I have been sick for almost 2 weeks now, upper respiratory thing. But I think I'm finally feeling lots better today. The coughing is driving me crazy lol.

Coffee and chocolate Chip cookies are my favorite... yummy :)

Maureen it's nice to hear that you have had such wonderful weather. I can't wait for it to cool off here so I can work in the yard. They say later this week we should have weather in the 80's... I'm so looking forward to that!

Everyone else- Have a wonderful Sunday :)

Fozbot
09-16-2007, 02:06 PM
mornin'...sorta.:rolleyes: during our cold snap i seem to have caught a cold. i missed a 'meet the artist' gathering at the gallery last night because of it, too.:( sure wish i could smell that coffee, Maureen. wish i could smell anything! :lol: i hope this doesn't last two weeks, Deb! i'll keep my fingers crossed your coughing leaves soon. today seems to be much warmer, thank God. sun's shining and the wind's stopped blowing.

fawnridge-art
09-16-2007, 02:29 PM
Ah, yes! Coffee! DH always makes ours fresh ground each morning. Now where is that biscotti?

Kathy

billmahler
09-17-2007, 11:58 AM
Monday AM and I'm trying to get going on the day job - computer programming. The problem with being self-employed is that my boss is a nasty fella.
I'm happy to say that the Farnsworth Gallery in Bordentown NJ accepted two pictures that appeared here - Southern Magnolias and Where Have All The Flowers Gone. Thanks to all here for the encouragment- presenting them to the gallery owner was a bit intimidating and that support helped.
I'm surrounded by some good company at that gallery, so it's been quite a boost for my morale.
I've done a few non-florals, but I'm back with some roses now and you might be seeing them in a few days.

debsn2paintn
09-17-2007, 05:54 PM
Bill I will look forward to those roses :) And a BIG CONGRATS...that is wonderful news.

Hi Kathy :)

Billie- I'm sorry that you have a bad cold. Boy, it's starting early this year. My son had a bad head cold, I'm just hoping I don't get that too. I am doing much better, but still taking it a little easy. :) Hope you are feeling better too.

Happy Monday Everyone, hope you all have a good week :)

Laura D
09-18-2007, 02:53 AM
I've been MIA too, although sick of a different kind. The migraine and attending side effects have meant my computer time is severely limited. Not getting email notifications in the last 2 weeks hasn't helped - I can't remember all the places I want to go when I'm interrupted by short sessions. Meds have me quite dingy too.

Speaking of weather it seems like here in the pacific Northwest we were cheated of summer, i"m wanting to head down to your neck of the woods Deb. I wore a turtleneck under the sweats suit with a raincoat on top at our pot luck BBQ yesterday. Major pout. Can't get so much of the fresh fruit anymore either. Double major pout!

I'll be popping in in the next day or two (I hope) with some questions about my newest project, the composition has me stumped. Hope I can get my scanner to work so I can get some digitals to show.

Waves and hugs.

Have a good time, feel better and have fun!

Charlie's Mum
09-18-2007, 08:32 AM
{{{{{{[Hugs}}}}}}}}} for all the 'Poorlies' - oh nasty! Sorry yuou're still not over that infection Deb - and giving it to Billie too! My!!! :D

Get well soon, both of you ....... and glad you're on the mend too Laura - migraine's horrid.

Bill - super news - but your paintings are worth it .... I'd be there like a shot to see and maybe buy! :D

Went to the Doc's to collect my husband's prescription and the Nurse grabbed me to give me my flu jab and do my BP! ..... Good eh? - nice not to have to make an appointment and get anxious ... even though I don't feel as if I do worry!

It's a bracing 52F today - but lovely blue sky and sun ... cold wind to blow away the cobwebs ......... like Laura, I feel as if summer has been and gone without staying! I absolutely refuse to put away the sandals and get out my wooly jumpers ..... yet! :D

Kathy - coffee's always fresh here! :lol:

Bye for now :wave:

debsn2paintn
09-18-2007, 10:51 AM
LOL Maureen :D I feeling so much better ...finally. :D

I'm sorry some of you have not had a summer.... you spend a week in this heat and you would have had enough of it lol. During the summer we always vacation somewhere cooler and it's always so nice to put a sweat shirt on. We are having wonderful weather now though... 82 degrees for the High today. Though we usually get some really warm weather up through the end of Oct.

Laura- I hope you are feeling much better, Migraines are just horrible. :)

fawnridge-art
09-20-2007, 01:49 PM
BRRRRRRR!!! It's only supposed to be high 60's today. But I do love it!!! Didn't have to water my potted plants outside today thanks to the overnight showers.
It is a good day to paint though, so off to the drawing table...... :wave:

fawnridge-art
09-20-2007, 01:50 PM
BRRRRRRR!!! Need more coffee!!! It's only supposed to be high 60's today. But I do love it!!! Didn't have to water my potted plants outside today thanks to the overnight showers.
It is a good day to paint though, so off to the drawing table...... :wave:

That's the second post I did in the last 24 hours that gave me a hiccough! OPPS!

debsn2paintn
09-20-2007, 02:13 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: funny :D Well I'm glad you are getting some rain, that's good news for us in CA! :) Have a good day a the drawing table.

Charlie's Mum
09-20-2007, 02:32 PM
Can I send some rain over? It's forecast here for heavy rain tomorrow - and it's very autumnal too.
Strange temps - out shopping this afternoon and it was warm ........ 3 hours later and we had to put the heating up! I go from summer to winter in a couple of hours each day!:eek:

I'm starting my Plant Parade pic ... anyone else?

SunsetSue
09-20-2007, 05:49 PM
Hello again everyone. It seems like a bad week for illness. I have been plagued by a major fibromyalgia flare plus I had a CT scan and got the news that my osteoarthritis has worsened and am now being referred to a neurosurgeon. So I have not painted anything. I tried to do a bit a few times but just could not focus long enough. Not having a decent summer has not improved my mood either. It is definitely fall here now. The temperatures keep dropping and the leaves are turning and falling from the trees. I was hoping for an Indian Summer but it doesn't look likely. I will try to catch up with all the posts.

ranunkel
09-20-2007, 06:04 PM
Hi

Sorry to hear some of you have been ill, hope your are feeling better now.
I just turned in my second assignment for my Botanical illustration class.
I have been doing value drawings of flowers and leaves.
The flower is one of my studies.

This weekend I am going to a Viking party, we are celebrating the harvest.
The menu will be served as it did more than 1000 years ago, with out any plates and we will have plenty of Mjoed to drink (kind of strong beer)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Sep-2007/18189-flower-2-e.jpg

fawnridge-art
09-21-2007, 01:44 PM
Hi all! :wave:
Maureen- I just finished mine. Had a hard time with the comp this time, which is unusual since I do nouveau a lot. grrr
Hi Sue, fellow sufferer. I too have had a flare up this last week or so, has slowed me down. I hate it when I don't feel like doing anything but hurt! Have really been pushing myself lately to move through this fm. Hope you can get the help you need from this new dr!
Marianne- I really like your botanical! I love to do botanicals which is why most of my drawings/paintings end up with no bg! :p And a viking banquet. How fun. I am half danish and took a class once. We had a great banquet but not quite as authentic as you are having. ;) Have a great time!

Charlie's Mum
09-21-2007, 03:36 PM
Oh you poor two! FM is not funny at all - well, no pain is, but when it's chronic and you know there are going to be flares, that's horrid.
So hope you both feel more comfortable very soon!

Marianne - good girl! You're getting there - the dahlia is well observed :D
the banquet sounds fun - hope the weather is kind!

Sue - do you live anywhere near Burns Lake? One of my fellow mods-as-was moved there last year.

Torrential rain here last night and this morning - and my friend was hoping to get the furniture into her new home this morning - we went to help, but the men couldn't move the stuff with all the water about! ....... so we came home and left her and her two sisters to do it all this afternoon - the sun came out! :lol: