PDA

View Full Version : All for a favor.

Terry G.
09-15-2007, 01:05 PM
All for a favor.
I every once in a while I will give away a drawing or do something for someone like the below picture , its an avatar for a guy who runs a fishing board I get on (kilo4a.jpg).

He asked if I could go a drawing for him and how much, heheh, then he told me what size, I said ya sure , drew it and gave it to him no charge.

Then last week after my mess with the doctors one of the "fishing guides" asked "openly" asked for some one to draw a logo/decal for there company, I didn't want to do this as sometimes its a drawing war. welp to make a long story short, no body was getting close to what the guy wanted so I dropped in one of my old fish drawings just for grins, ( I think I won a guided fishing trip and a new rod and reel).

But back to the Favor, the guy who runs this board see's all of what’s going on and last night offered me a FREE YEARS add on his board if I once in a while draw a fish picture for the board.

He has repaid the Favor I did for him that took a total of 20 minuets of my time and upped the anti by $75 a month free advertising for a year all for another picture, not bad at all.

So did i loose my "grumpy pressonna", ---Naw, hehe

MonicaB
09-15-2007, 03:51 PM
Aww, Terry, we know you're still "grumpy" under all that niceness. :p But you're right -- while we don't necessarily want to give away our art, sometimes these things work out. I have donated drawings to animal rescue organizations that have netted me some commissions. I think it's a win-win for everyone involved.

Jakeally
09-16-2007, 08:41 AM
Naw ... you are still the grumpy Terry we know and love:D
It just goes to show that if you do something nice for someone you get repaid in lots od nice ways:thumbsup:

elaine321
09-16-2007, 08:49 AM
Wow! Good on you Terry, I hope the adds bring you lots of work and make you rich!!!!! And how cool, a fishing trip and a new rod and reel!!! you must have a grin from one ear to the other!!!!:thumbsup:

PVHooper
09-16-2007, 11:12 AM
Nobody believes for a minute that you are a grumpy pumpy you old softy. Good going you deserve it now you gotta keep drawing, yippee

sassybird
09-16-2007, 01:19 PM
Good for you, Terry. You have a great deal for the trade of a few drawings for the ad space.